Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 07:12:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Beta Testers Needed! - Closed - 05/21/2009  (Read 62537 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Jenna
Queen of Spamming
Admin

Who farted?

View Profile
« on: September 13, 2008, 02:47:48 am »

Beta Testers Needed!

Want to get your hands on the newest, greatest hacks before they're released? Want the chance to pick on Squinge? Are you willing to risk turning your neighborhood into a pile of molten slag?

If your answer is yes to any of the above, then what are you waiting for? Become a beta tester today!

The Fine Print

All testers must have the proper time to dedicate to testing, and be able to report back in a clear and informative manner. As this is a testing environment, you must know how to generate, find, and post error logs. Screenshots will also be required of you from time to time. Also keep in mind you will be testing potentially unstable hacks, and undesirable behaviour may occur in your game as a result.

If you're interested, please reply below with a list of Expansion and Stuff packs owned and your experience with the game. Please also post a screenshot of a pie menu, and attach an error log if you happen to have one. Don't forget to post a schedule when you're available to test various beta mods.

If you are chosen as a tester, you will be contacted via PM with further directions. Do not PM Squinge or his moderators asking about whether you've been chosen or not. Doing so will disqualify you instantly.

We're currently looking for one or two FreeTime testers and one or two Apartment Life testers. Or more.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 02:59:26 pm by Chaavik » Logged

Quote from: Engram
Jenna and I make cute babbiez! LOL
Quote from: Isadora
Great, another night of chicken chair typing.
thedom98

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 10:56:06 am »

Hi, ComicalMuse, I would like to be a beta tester. I have every expansion pack and every stuff pack. I've been playing for quite a few years but I can't really make custom content. (Which is kind of pathetic...) But anyways, I think I know the game well enough to be qualified.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 10:58:31 am by thedom98 » Logged
jaccirocker
Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2008, 02:51:40 pm »

Hi, comical muse, I have all EP's and SP's. I also know how to find the error logs, how to post them and I have fraps for screenshots. I have a high intermediate level of use for the computer and for the game. I'm also very familar with SimPe too.
PiperK1980

Abnormally Typical

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2008, 01:07:48 pm »

I would love to be a beta-tester! 90% of my hack/mods are Squinge's. I'm fairly advanced with the computer and have been playing the game since The Sims Vacation came out. I create lots at WickedSims2 and have a few here. I have all EP/SP's but do not have Ikea installed.

Click here to join The Animal Army! It's good for what ails ya!!

X-Men Fan? Join today!
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2008, 07:14:58 pm »

TheDom & Piper do you know how to find the error logs & take screenshots?

If you have a question about my mods post it here
thedom98

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2008, 07:53:51 pm »

Yes I do actually, I definitely know how to take screen shots, and although the error logs don't make too much scene to me, I know the location.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 06:32:23 am by thedom98 » Logged
dbgtdude

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2008, 05:50:06 pm »

If you are willing to have another tester, I am willing to be a testee.  I have ALL of the EP's, but don't have Free Time installed.  My damn DVD drive decided to quit on me.  Apartment Life is a digital download.  I have Family Fun Stuff and Kitchen/Bath SP's installed, and have the holiday digital download installed.  I can't make a hack to save my life, so I rely on others for all the cool stuff in my sim games.  I know how to post screenshots and locate and post error logs.
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2008, 11:38:13 pm »

dbgtdude,

Can you attach a screenshot of a pie menu & an error log to your reply as proof?

Thanks,
Squinge
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 11:41:25 pm by Comicalmuse » Logged

Catju

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2008, 05:04:32 am »

I would like to be a beta tester too. I have all expansion packs and stuff packs and I've been playing for about 2 years now. I know bits and pieces about creating custom content, but can only recolour and do a little meshing myself. I don't understand modding that much, but I do know how to work with hacks in the game. I know how to take screenshots and post error logs (see attachments for proof :thumbup:). English is not my mother language, but I do understand and speak it pretty well.

* Sims2EP8 2008-09-17 12-48-32-53.jpg (99.06 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 2646 times.)
* ObjectError_N002_t65243.txt (126.98 KB - downloaded 551 times.)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 10:52:30 am by Catju » Logged
rickzoe

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2008, 09:45:34 am »

do you need another beta tester?  i'd like to volunteer.  i play my game on a MAC. i have all games up to Bon Voyage.  i have glamour life.  i have two versions of my game files, one with mods (which i play) and one without for testing mods before i put them in my game.  i know how to generate an error log and where to find them.  and i know how to take a screen shot.  

if you'd like another tester, i'm available.--rz
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2008, 07:19:51 pm »

Catju what EP's do you own?

rickzoe What is the latest EP for Mac?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 07:29:41 pm by Squinge » Logged

Catju

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2008, 08:21:03 pm »

Squinge: I own all of them, AL being the latest.
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2008, 08:22:39 pm »

ok Thanks Cheesy

rickzoe

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2008, 09:41:48 pm »

the latest EP for Mac is BonVoyage.  *grrr*
Squinge