Insimenator.org
March 19, 2024, 04:59:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: Monique's Computer/Laptop Varieties - Apartment Life (12-24-16) - UPDATED  (Read 332133 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« on: September 14, 2008, 06:50:02 pm »

Monique's Computer/Laptop Varieties - Apartment Life

UPDATED: 12-24-16 :UPDATED
-------------------------------

BoilingOil noticed a little issue with only one computer, Sunair Light Computer, and experimented with his own fix to see if it works for him. He relayed the information in a post. I followed up with a fix to that particular computer and re-uploaded the fixed computer. Check my latest post in this thread for the updated file called AL_MQ_SunairLight_ComputerUpdated.

UPDATED: 12-24-16 :UPDATED

ALL credit goes to Monique for the work she did with the computers (MQ_Cheap_Computer for one). Her work is made available at her original thread at MTS2.

**Credit goes to Alexx at MATY for his fix to a bug in the Write Novel TEST BHAV for Monique's Cheap Computer, and he had given me his permission to incorporate the fix into the FT version.**

The newly updated AL computers, based on the FreeTime v2.0 computer versions, have new functions and badges in addition to the original functions made by Monique.

**These versions -can- use recolors made by both Monique and happygolucky. They are available there.

NOTE: The recolors are not included with these versions. If you want to get the recolors, please visit Monique's original thread to get them.

Updated:

9-22-08:

Fixed the enthusiasm issue for all of the AL and FT computers preventing Sims from gaining enthusiasm while they play computer games.

*Thanks to Mr Squinge for relaying the issue to me from someone in the thread.*

What's Included for AL:

Search For Roommate - Enables the apartment residents (teens and up) to search for roommates on the computers.

In the Future:

Possibly add new functions to let Sims buy the new potions, cauldrons and spellbooks via the Shop Online feature on the computer.

What's Included for FT:

Give Financial Advice
- Better wording than "Give Financial Consulting" only on this computer. Why "Give Financial Consulting" when "Give Financial Advice" is much better and comprehendable? Available only IF the Fortune Sim or Sim with Secondary Fortune Aspiration choose the benefit from their Aspiration window for FT.

Browse Web/Blog - Available only IF the Sim has enough enthusiasm points in his or her hobby to do either one. All of the hobbies will become available if the Sim reach that point in some, most or all of his or her hobbies to do so. Enabled for children as well as teens, adults and elders to browse the web and/or blog if they have enough enthusiasm points in their hobby.

Write Restaurant Guide - Available only IF the Pleasure Sim or Sim with Secondary Pleasure Aspiration choose the benefit from their Aspiration window for FT.

Start Gaming Competition - Available only IF there is more than one computer and more than one Sim on a home or university lot. Similar to LAN Party, but available at all times.

Write Novel - Completely revamped to be compatible with FreeTime. This new function enables Sims to choose the plot elements and book cover for their new novels just like they would on the FT computers.

Pottery and Sewing Badges - Added to the functions for studying badges on a home lot and a business lot.

CAUTION:  Buy Video Games Online works, BUT the video game dialog window will only display the original Sims Bustin' Out and SimCity 4 Rush Hour games. Works as originally intended by Monique.

Compatibility:

Compatible with Twojeff's "computerfixes", JM Pescado's "nohumble", Jfade's "djshumblechoicehack", "djsantihumblehack" OR Mr Squinge's "nohumble".

Pick only ONE mod from the above because they all function the same but with different approaches as how Mr Humble is taken care of in game.

Instructions:

Unzip or unrar the package and install all of them into:

C:\Documents and Settings\******\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads

Or:

C:\Documents and Settings\******\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\AL_MQ_Cheap_Computer

You can create a folder in the Downloads folder to place these files in to keep your folders and mods organized.

Support:

Since Monique is not technically retired and is still MIA from the Sims 2 community since October 2007, her work is more or less unsupported at MTS2, but she hasn't explicitly stated anything about her work. No policy to govern how she wanted to be recognized for the work she did or how she wanted her work to be redistributed, BUT she does deserve the credit and recognization regardless.

I request that these new versions for Apartment Life not be uploaded to any site (free and pay) and Exchange without contacting me first.

**** These updated computers are "as is" at the moment with new FT/AL features. No new requests (such as new computer meshes, animations and etc.) will be considered. ****

I'm located at either MATY, Simbology or Insiminator if need be. Smiley

* AL_MQ_Cheap_Computer1.jpg (160.4 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 309147 times.)
* AL_MQ_SunairLight_Computerv.1.0.zip (456.02 KB - downloaded 21062 times.)

* AL_MQ_Expensive_Computer.jpg (221.46 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 217332 times.)

* AL_MQ_SunairLight_Computer.jpg (205.24 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 214273 times.)

* AL_TakaMQ_Laptop.jpg (169.67 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 241399 times.)
* AL_MQ_Expensive_Computerv.1.0.zip (457.9 KB - downloaded 65424 times.)
* AL_MQ_Cheap_Computerv.1.0.zip (398.06 KB - downloaded 63800 times.)
* AL_MQTaka_Laptopv.1.0.zip (390.32 KB - downloaded 72772 times.)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 12:06:29 pm by Chaavik » Logged

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
jhaejhae

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008, 06:58:44 pm »

Thank you sooooooo much!!!!!

I have been waiting for this!!

"Reality is just a figment of your hallucination"
Care

contimplation or constipation?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2008, 07:12:47 pm »

yeah Thank you!!!!

WadeSimMiser

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2008, 07:23:54 pm »

I will test it next time I play.  Hope to get back to you about it.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2008, 07:44:37 pm »

Test what?

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
paperina76

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2008, 09:22:44 pm »

thank you thank you thank youuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!:notworth:
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 10:54:43 pm by Squinge » Logged
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2008, 11:41:53 pm »

Verified that Mr Squinge's "nohumble" mod can be used with any of the AL versions.

Dancing Squirrels
emo5

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2008, 02:06:08 am »

Thank you very much.
PrinJess

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2008, 07:20:30 am »

Is it possible to update the video game list to FT's added games? No rush, I just wanted to point it out.

And thanks very much for this! I've been waiting eagerly for it!
zaleth

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2008, 09:21:22 am »

Thanks Chaavik for the updates, one day I will learn how you do this so I can update the MQ-Reward_Computer_LS  to FT & AL!
Djadzia

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2008, 10:22:26 am »

Thank you so much:-)
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2008, 10:57:15 am »

No, it is not possible to include the games from FT because they're not sold from the game racks in stores. They're obtained from Mr Humble's PCs your Sims get from him when he visit your homes.

I've already looked into this and didn't see how it is possible to include them.

The only way you could get the games from FT is to either use Pescado's or DJS' mods to get the PCs. Pescado's has a buyable Mr Humble PC and DJS has one that enables gifts to show up but no Mr Humble. Or not use the mod if you want him to visit your Sim just to get the games. Once you get the PC, place it anywhere in the house or apartment.  Your regular computers will then get the games.

I suppose I will look into the red computer (the LS computer) and see what I can do with it. I will upload it when it's ready sometimes soon.

Dancing Squirrels
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2008, 01:35:09 pm »

These are new games for FT that aren't available on the video game racks on community lots. The only way to get them to show up on the computer is to either let Mr Humble drop the gift off or get one of the two mods that gives you a choice to accept or reject the gift or buy the computer in Buy Catalog.

I should know. I sent my Sims to the community lots to buy video games. The FT games don't show up as a choice among the older games to choose from to buy.

Dancing Squirrels
PrinJess

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2008, 01:51:07 pm »

That's weird...The games show up in the community lots in my game. So..if I didn't have the Humble choice hack, they wouldn't appear? Of course the only game you can't buy is the Sims 3, the Humble computer already installed it.
Rayleen

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2008, 04:56:44 pm »

Thank you so much for keeping us updated!!!!!

:angel: Smile, Love, Laugh, Hug. It's the only things in life that cost us nothing and give us so much in return.::smilieiforgetwhi::
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: