Insimenator.org
March 19, 2024, 01:55:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Squinge's Mega College Pack - Apartment Life - NEW INFO: 11-26-2017  (Read 263663 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« on: October 08, 2008, 01:38:51 am »

UPDATED INFORMATION : NOVEMBER 26 2017 - SQUINGE'S MEGA COLLEGE PACK - NOVEMBER 26 2017: UPDATED INFORMATION

I was alerted to an issue with one of the mods included in the original Mega College Pack zipped file through a discussion offsite today. The original College Interactions On Any Lot mod that was included in the Pack zipped file was the wrong version dated back to 2006 rather than 2014. If you have an older version of College Interactions On Any Lot (2006 to be exact) that was included with the original Mega College Pack zipped file, please remove that one and replace with the new mod from the standalone mod called College Interactions On Any Lot v1.1 available in this thread.

-----------------------------------

The College Mega Pack contains all of the mods you will need to play Young Adults on your regular residential lots in your regular, not University, neighborhood.

Sims 2 University required. Apartment Life compatible.

Mods:

No Memory Uneducated
No Want Satisfy Uneducated
College Interactions On Any Lot (9-11-2014: Updated)
Teen To Young Adult No College EP8 (11-25-08: NEW)
YA Birthday Cake (10-26-08: NEW)

In Game Mods:

Semester Tester - Shift+Click your Sim, click on Spawn… and then choose Semester Tester

**In order for the above to work, you need to use Shift+Ctrl+C to open the cheat window and then type 'boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true' without the quotes. Then press Enter. When you're done spawning the Semester Tester, you can open the cheat window again and type 'boolProp testingCheatsEnabled false' to turn the testing cheat off.**

With Notepad, you can add 'boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true' to your userStartup file found in the Config folder at the following location:

C:\Documents and Settings\**Username**\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Config

The above method is only for those people who know what they're doing. Not for the faint of the heart or new Sims 2 players.

The Semester Tester helps advance your Young Adult's college clock by running down to 0 hours and enabling them to go to class and finals on their own like they were living at the dorm.

Insimenator 2.9x - Go into Buy Mode, select Electronics/Misc and buy the adjuster looking like a stack of schoolbooks

Insimenator 2.9x (Stack of Books) has grade, semester, finals and all sorts of class related options.

12-20-08:

**UNSUPPORTED - Insimenator 2.x is now unsupported. Use at your own risk. **

If you don't have Insimenator 2.9x, visit and download from here. Read the documentation and follow the instructions to install Insimenator 2.9x.

Optional:

Twojeff's College Adjuster - available at Simbology.

Ancient Highway's College Mods - College Isn't Free series (No Longer Available)

Ancient Highway's No Aging of YA will not conflict with the new version of both TeenToYANoCollege EP8 and YABirthdayCake now that he checked for compatibility. The mod is also located at his site in Game Mods.

Chaavik's Better Cafeteria Duty Wages - University

What's New:

Teen To Young Adult No College EP8 was a new replacement mod for the older mod, Teen To Young Adult No College EP5 (Seasons), with both residential and apartment lots in mind to enable teens to grow up into Young Adults and remain at home with their families and go to college at the same time.

YA Birthday Cake has a new option to enable teens to Age to Young Adult on top of two existing options: Age to Adult and Take Finals Now. The mod also gives a Went to College memory to teens growing up into Young Adults as well as a Grew Up Well memory.

What's Old:

No Memory Uneducated is a mod to prevent Sims from getting the negative Never Went To College memories when they age to adults without going to college as well as the uneducated memories. Not sure what the wording is for that memory. But nevertheless, Sims won't get negative memories from not going to college.

No Want Satisfy Uneducated is a mod to prevent Sims from fulfilling their Be Uneducated fears of not going to college and grow up into adults. This also keeps Sims from going into crying and depression fits.

College Interactions On Any Lot is an existing mod to enable Young Adults to perform their college tasks: write term papers on their computers, write their class assignments and do college research from their bookcases at their homes or anywhere else.

Not Compatible With:

Squinge's No Autonomous Research & Assignment mod conflicts with College Interactions On Any Lot and will prevent Young Adults from performing their college tasks at their homes or anywhere else.

Pescado's College Rampage on Macrotastics will not work on these lots if Young Adults remain at their homes.

TJ's Stinky Dormie Fix will conflict with the CollegeInteractionsOnAnyLot. Remove the Stinky Dormie Fix mod if you want to use the CollegeInteractionsOnAnyLot mod for the college options to appear on your YAs at their home lots.

How To Install:

For XP users, install all of the mods into the Downloads folder or the subfolder in the following location:

C:\Documents and Settings\********\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads

Or:

C:\Documents and Settings\********\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\Squinge_College_Mods

******* is the name of your account you use to play Sims 2 on.

For Vista users, install all of the mods into the Downloads folder or the subfolder in the following location:

C:\Users\**username**\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads

Or:

C:\Users\**username**\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\Squinge_College_Mods

How To Play:

Basically, what you do to age teens to Young Adults is to go into Buy Mode and buy the cake. Place it on any counter or table. Direct your teen to the cake and select Age To Young Adult. The teen will then age into a Young Adult and get a new UI panel showing the Freshman first semester. The Sim's clock does not start. You need to use the Semester Tester to Start Class. Then the Young Adult's clock will run down from 72 hours to 0 hours as if he/she is on the dorm lot. Play your Young Adult through college and when you're ready to age your Sim after graduating from college, buy the cake again and use the Age To Adult option.

When you do return to your Young Adult's home lot, you will find that you have to Start Class again on the Semester Tester to continue counting down your Young Adult's college clock.

Technical Support:

Get help by submitting your questions in the Mod Help Section, and we will help you.

ALL credit goes to Mr Squinge for updating a couple of mods and testers for testing all of the mods thoroughly for Apartment Life.

NOTES:

9-11-2004: Added Influence Write Term Paper as requested
5-28-09: Changed the link to Ancient Highway's new site to point to the College Isn't Free series correctly
11-26-2017: Updated the Mega College Pack info

* YAAtHome-ApartmentLot.jpg (218.68 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 203773 times.)

* YAAtHome-ResidentialHome.jpg (177.42 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 115387 times.)
* Mega College Pack.zip (54.44 KB - downloaded 31586 times.)
* CollegeInteractionsOnAnyLotV1.1.rar (1.18 KB - downloaded 8950 times.)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2021, 10:45:50 am by Squinge » Logged

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
AZSimmer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 07:37:50 am »

Yes! Thank you for updating this!
aloony

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 08:38:13 am »

Thank you! Smiley
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 01:54:51 pm »

Just a note on the College Isn't Free project.

Tuition, Room and Board works fine with the Mega College Pack after some last minute changes.  YAs will be charged tuition whether they attend college classes or not.

Teen Jobs for YA appears to have mixed results at the moment.  Chaavik reported no problems using it, but in testing TRB, my sim lost her job aging to YA and was unable to get another.  Be looking for a new version of this that is consistent Tongue
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2008, 02:51:26 pm »

Thanks, Ancient, for your feedback! I appreciate the information Tongue  Will update the first post to reflect one of the mods working with the Mega College Pack.

EDIT:

The only reason I had no issue with Teen Jobs For YA was because I don't have the tuition mod. My YA was able to retain her teen job when she grew up into a YA on a home lot.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
mz kitty07

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2008, 03:07:55 pm »

I've been waiting for an update to No Memory Uneducated for ages! Cheesy Thank you!
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2008, 05:24:16 pm »

I can attribute my alleged problem with Teens Jobs for YA to user error lol.  It looks like all of the College Isn't Free works well with Mega College.
deekitty31

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2008, 05:31:37 pm »

Thank you!
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2008, 05:54:02 pm »

Thanks, Ancient, for the update info! I will fix the first post to reflect that new info. Tongue

Dancing Squirrels
thedom98

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2008, 07:21:55 pm »

Thanks for uploading this but does this mod conflict with this mod here: http://modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=302233 The other mod is supposed to shorten the college hours.
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2008, 07:57:40 pm »

Run the hack conflict tool & check we don't have time to do it for everyone Smiley

If you have a question about my mods post it here
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2008, 09:03:59 pm »

Thank you!

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2008, 10:04:42 pm »

Never heard of the mod before and looked there. Run Hack Conflict Detection Utility to find out if it conflicts with any of the mod included with the Mega College Pack. If you don't know where to get HCDU, check FAQ for more information.

Dancing Squirrels
matze

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2008, 12:10:37 am »

That's great. Thank you for updating..

Live your dreams, before it's too late.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2008, 12:17:56 am »

Nah, thank Mr Squinge for updating a couple of mods Smiley

Dancing Squirrels
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to: