Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 11:16:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Discovering Hope. IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!  (Read 7036 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
buddy_luv_blah

View Profile
« on: December 18, 2008, 09:34:05 pm »

Prologue

I figured the memories would fade. The guilt. The regret. The Pain. I sort of had the assumption that it would all just...go away.
But, there are so many things that have proved that wrong. The nightmares, hallucinations. It feels as though I am only reliving it, again and again.
The truth is, it will never go away. Even with the most extensive therapy, it would always be in my mind. There was nothing I could do.
I suddenly had the feeling I was falling, a giant wrench in my gut. There it was again. I knew this wasn't reality, but I couldn't seem to escape it. I felt a strong burning sensation in my hand, but in this alternate world, thre was no source of the pain. I fell and fell in a bottomless expanse of darkness. Then suddenly, everything rushed back.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 11:39:09 am by buddy_luv_blah » Logged

why do people pay to go up tall buildings, then put money in binoculars to look at things on the ground?
[/size]
buddy_luv_blah

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2008, 11:36:30 am »

Chapter 1

I was sitting in this sterile cubicle once more, my elbows jabbing into a dirty keyboard and a random mess of garbage and symbols spoiling the document I had been typing.

Out of instinct, or memories, or...I don't even know, I grabbed my stomach. But there was nothing there. 6 years after the accident I should've known that Nothing was there, and nothing ever would be, not after her.
I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, I couldn't loose another job because of this. I was startled by the sharp sound of a phone ringing, and realized it was mine. I sa up and tried to answer in a somewhat held-together tone. "hello, thank you for calling Bentley incorperations, Mikayla speaking, how can I help you?" A man was on the other end of the line, he sounded dirty. It was odd, but after the accident, that was always the first thing I noticed about someone, wather they sounded dirty or not. "yeah, hey. I'm having some issues with one of your products" I cringed a bit, I could almost imagine this guy, sitting in his trailer, a beer in hand and a giant stomach protruding, his shirt not quite able to cover it. "what's your problem sir?" I asked, trying to sound polite. "uh, well...I bought this radio from ya'll and I can't seem to get it to turn on" I rolled my eyes, "sir, is it plugged in?" "yeah! What do ya'll think I am, some sorta no-brain hillbilly?" I stifled a chuckle, "no sir. please don't get angry with me, i'm trying to help. There should be an on/off switch on the back, make sure it's in the on position"

I heard some background noise, then a faint "oh" and the line went dead. "imbecile" I whispered, an image of the man still in my head.
I looked at the clock and breathed a sigh of releaf, 3 minutes and I could clock out for lunch.
I usually went to a little diner down the street for lunch, but this was one of those dare-to-be-different type of afternoons. I stepped out into the crisp, fall air, took a good long look at the diner, and walked the other way.

I wasn't quite sure where I was going, I don't think i'd ever been that way before. I passed multiple eateries, but something told me to just keep walking. I was a little bit surprised though, when I slowed to a halt in front of a clothing store, at least that's what it appeared to be. The sweaters and jeans looked dwarfed and strange,  then I realized it was a children's store. I willed my feet to move, but my body dragged itself into the store, as if by sheer force.
I felt silly as I browsed through, but also like I was filling in a missing piece of my life. Would these colorful toys and adorable clothes be something I would've picked out for her? Suddenly, tears started flowing down my cheeks, this was too much to handle. I started speeding towards the exit, but suddenly, I felt weak, and collapsed to my knees. I felt a rush of panic and tried to stand, but my vision had gone black. I felt my body writhing in pain as I lay on the cheap low-grade carpet, what was happening?

I struggled to move, but it was as if i'd lost all control. I felt a tiny hand on my shoulder and then...nothing. The pain stopped and noises faded, only my vision returning to normal. I realized that I was propped up on my knees and staring into the delicate face of a little girl. She looked familiar, but also unreal. She spoke to me and it was like nothing i'd heard before, it was enchanting, and threatened to lull me into a state of hypnosis.
"be strong and you will make it" she whispered, then the darkness returned, and the the little girl, was gone.

why do people pay to go up tall buildings, then put money in binoculars to look at things on the ground?
[/size]
chelsey151

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2008, 01:32:19 pm »

Really good story, the pictures are really good!

Well done! Keep up the good work and i'll try and follow it...!
MisplacedAffection

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2008, 03:31:55 pm »

Looks interesting! I'll definitely be reading. Smiley

Burn bright like a star, traitor.
AjiDivine

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2008, 05:53:55 pm »

I am looking for to reading more.

Simming is a way of Life!!!  :toothy4:
Check out my sims pictures.
My Apocalyse Challenge
2nd Place in Part of Your World - Jocelyn Lanier
3rd Place in The Devil
buddy_luv_blah

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2008, 12:06:58 pm »

Chapter 2

I stood admiring the house, still unable to beleive we could finally move in. When we bought the place, it was hardly standing, but now, it rose above us, magnificent in the afternoon sunlight. I felt his hands wrap around my waist and I laid my head back against his chest, closing my eyes and taking a deep breath. "this is it" he mumbled, kissing my forehead. I smiled and spun around in his arms, taking his hands in mine. "I love you cooper" I said, and pulled him towards the front door. He leaned forward and kissed me as my back pressed against the oak. My hand searched for the knob and pushed the door open.

We stumbled forward and he kicked it shut, his hands gently stroking my back. I let out a bursting laugh as I looked around, furniture was scattered everywhere, our bed stood awkwardly in the center of the kitchen. He was confused, then joined in my laughter with sudden realization. I slipped from his grasp as our uproar died down. A cradle stood at the bottom of the staircase, as if anxious to get to the nursery. I ran my fingers along the smooth railing and grinned at cooper, we had been waiting so long for this, tried for so many months. I took a step up the staircase and ushered him to follow me. A narrow hallway greeted us as we reached the top, 3 brand new doors gleaming with a fresh coat of paint. I turned to Cooper and fell into his arms, our lips meeting once more. He pulled me towards the staircase and I protested a bit, "our beds in the kitchen!" I laughed. "nobody's watching" he said, drawing me closer. When we reached the top I pulled away, It was going to be a trick of balance to get back down the stairs. He assured me that he'd stay right by my side, and I took a step forward. That's when I felt it, two solid hands upon the center of my back and a gentle shove was all it took.

I spun around as I fell and saw Coopers smiling face " I know about everything Mikayla." those were the last words I heard before I crashed to the floor, and it was in that moment, that her life was cut short. I could feel a pool of blood forming around my mangled body, I could taste it coming up from my throat. I saw Cooper slowly making his way down the stairs towards me, then everything went black.

[/size]
buddy_luv_blah

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2008, 11:38:08 am »

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!

this past month I have been SOO busy, and havent really had too much time to update my stories, and I apologize for that.
But, unfortunately, I know I will continue to be busy for a quite a while. At the moment I actually have 2 stories going, and
i'm going to have to delete one.
http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,99856.0.html
^this is the link to my other story.
I'm leaving it up to you guys, tell me wich story you'd like to see continued, and i'll delete the one that gets the least votes.

[/size]
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2008, 10:14:06 pm »

OMG!!  That was really incredible!  What a bastard!

Hon, your writing is awesome and you tell a great story.  I'd hate to see either of them go.  Maybe you could continue with the one everyone votes for and just put the other on hold until later?

Visit me on my blog - Astral Faery's Magical Tales
-For some awesome reading try SimTales:  http://simtalesblog.blogspot.com/
-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
discowhipped

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2008, 11:33:05 pm »

I've read both and although they are both good, this one draws me in more. I vote this story!

"It's not everyday that you discover you're trapped in a pixel world."
Suddenly Simmerised - Read it!
Previously known as: Squirt
oddball011

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2008, 11:23:45 pm »

wow... just wow.
you're writing is amazing!
you've definately got me hooked ;]

LAX is whats up.
Zorom

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2009, 10:29:20 am »

I vote this one! Please! I want to see what happens so badly...

Devomuffins

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2009, 11:50:15 am »

I'm not sure I understand this one comepletely. Can someone explain?
buddy_luv_blah

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2009, 05:19:00 pm »

it's supposed to be kind of confusing. but it will all make brilliant sense in the end. i promise.
the next chapter will explain a bit more.

[/size]
Starwish001

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2009, 05:38:31 am »

Continue this story, I'm wandering what will happened!!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: