Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 02:05:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Patch Message:"FT Not Installed Properly" (But Plays Fine); Q. Destination Path?  (Read 1613 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SimCoffee

View Profile
« on: March 11, 2009, 07:20:07 am »

Haven't played in a year and I have all the EPs up thru FT. I can't remember if I DL'd the FT patch, which may be important since I just bought AL and will want to DL that patch too.

So far I have NOT installed AL.

So I tried to download the FT patch, then got the message that FT "was not installed or improperly installed on my machine."

This is strange because I've been playing FT on my computer.

So I right-clicked the FT icon on my desktop to look at the Properties Menu to see if the destination paths are correct. It says,

Start in:

"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 FreeTime"

Target:
"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 FreeTime\TSBin\Sims2Launcher.exe"

Target Location: TSBin

BTW, I have Windows Vista.

Questions:

1. Is the destination path correct? If not, what would I change it too?

2. If I have to uninstall FT and reinstall it, would I have to also uninstall/reinstall all of my Sims 2 games?

3. I also use SimPE, so should I uninstall that first before uninstalling any Sims 2 games?

Roxy2004

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 07:30:08 am »

The path looks correct.

You would only have to uninstall Freetime.  Make a backup copy of your Sims 2 folder first, or just put it on the desktop before you uninstall/reinstall.  If you don't it will be deleted when you uninstall.

You wouldn't have to uninstall Simpe, but you will want to update it when you install AL.  Also if you use any hacks/mods, make sure you update them.

SimCoffee

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 08:36:41 pm »

I'm so glad I backed up my entire Sims 2 folder, because stuff in my SavedSims folder and PackagedLots folder disappeared along with all my custom content in my Downloads folder.

To make matters worse, after I reinstalled Free Time, and then tried to install Apartment Life and M&G, I got a message about "Emulation Errors" - the dreaded Secure Rom problem.

What a headache! Got lucky though. After much googling and by the next day, I found this site has the Secure Rom patch for all the games. Use the drop down menu on the right for the game with the problem.

https://easims.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/easims.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=20912&p_created=1230588314&p_sid=VX9z8wsj&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_lva=20166&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9MiwyJnBfcHJvZHM9Nyw3MDAsNjQ5MiZwX2NhdHM9MCZwX3B2PTMuNjQ5MiZwX2N2PSZwX3BhZ2U9MSZwX3NlYXJjaF90ZXh0PWNvbmZsaWN0IHdpdGggZW11bGF0aW9uIHNvZnR3YXJl&p_li=&p_topview=1

JacobM

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2009, 05:18:52 am »

i think there was something wrong with the old freetime patch, atleast from what i can remember. reinstall your game.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: