Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 12:17:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Sims 2 vs. Sims 3!!  Which one do you like better and why???
Sims 2 - 42 (91.3%)
Sims 3 - 4 (8.7%)
Total Voters: 46

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Sims 2 or Sims 3?  (Read 23416 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2010, 10:00:09 pm »

I will never ever convert to sims 3. End of story.  Grin

Find me on moonlight <3
Aquarius

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2010, 11:55:43 pm »

Good thing you haven't been forced to convert like I have. I miss my laptop and my sims 2 Cry

http://dragcave.net/view/FQZT<<<< clickety click click

*Moderation Note:  Only 1 image may be used for signatures.  Must be no larger than 250w x 50h pixels.*
Jenna
Queen of Spamming
Admin

Who farted?

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2010, 02:31:26 am »

I'm still playing TS2 for the near future. I've played TS3, and it didn't really impress me that much. Maybe after a few more EPs, and when some decent CC comes along. *shrugs*

Quote from: Engram
Jenna and I make cute babbiez! LOL
Quote from: Isadora
Great, another night of chicken chair typing.
XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2010, 06:49:41 am »

The question here is not how beautiful or how ugly Sims are (2 or 3) because everything will change. It is just that it will probably take many years when in fact it could have taken some minutes. To play TS is not just a case of how pudding or not, but a case of interactions. When you limit people to play just one house at a time, you have to give them a sense of community. What I felt in TS3 is that it is the same I feel about my next neighbor. We have lived side by side for decades and I know nothing about him. (Sincerely I don't care at all). When I create my own dream world, I don't want to have my noname, noface neighbor, but a sense of participating in everyone's world. After I noticed that TS blows up my computer if I move in too many Sims, I found out new ways to play all of them and keep my CPU/RAM happy. So, it not a case of walking virtually around, collecting stones or plants, but on creating a magic world that you could wish to move in self. For people that wasn't born at TS1 times, TS1 had much more interactions than TS2, just that technology didn't allow them to experiment them. When I create a new object I take TS1 as source, because I also modded a lot for TS1 though never posted my work.
I believed that after all the experience gathered and all that fabulous creators that contributed to make TS2 really beautiful, TS3 would have a super good start once most of the problems were relatively solved. But NO. It started that all the little problems from TS2 were just reproduced in TS3 (Sims that bumps on each other, get trapped between two objects, doors that opens individually and only one Sim can pass and caused them to lose school or work, just because they either bumped on each other and fall "out of queue" or something alike. Finally, who was the Idiot that told EA that we have enormous amount of fun repairing the very same mistakes over and over again? It seems to me that EA really thinks that all we have to do is to go online every 30 seconds to look for solutions to problems that were already solved.
minkey

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2010, 07:22:05 am »

I don't think it's 100% fair that all of my posts were deleted because I have a difference of opinion
Glamily
A Tad Bit Glittery

I used to be as mad as a hatter

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2010, 07:36:26 am »

I don't know what thread you mean, but if you mean this one then they are simply on page 2.

I just played sims 2, and one thing I really missed from sims 3 was the option for really making something your own. Like with the colours and patterns and the traits

No more hiding
Don't be afraid of what's inside
Anytime anybody pulls you down
Anytime anybody says you're not allowed
Just remember you are not alone
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2010, 07:59:20 am »

I don't think it's 100% fair that all of my posts were deleted because I have a difference of opinion

Would you care to clarify?  From what I'm seeing, all of the posts you have thus far are still visible.  No one here deletes posts due to difference of opinion.  Unless there was harassing remarks towards others in the deleted posts that you're talking about, I can assure you no one "censors" other people for something as inane as an opposing view on something.

As for the topic at hand, Sims 2 all the way.   cool  Even though I'm having issues with running Sims 2 now, I do enjoy playing it whenever I can.  I just need a better computer to run it on/handle my CC obsession.   tongue

idontcare

whoopdedoo

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2010, 10:49:09 pm »

I'm really new to the Sims world, I just started playing Sims 2 in November! What led me to buy it was the pretty little hair, and clothes and sims that people were creating. So when I heard that there was a Sims 3 I checked into it, I have never played Sims 3 but just by looking at the screenshots and the little trial I got with my Sims 2 game I knew it was a bust. The Sims look HORRIBBLE! They look too cartoony, and ugly. And the graphics didn't look too different from the Sims 2 just more, bulgy. Huh??? I am Sims 2 all the way! And if there is going to be a TS4 then they better make it right!

They only look horrible if you suck at making them like me. It's a lot more difficult so I see your point but luckily Alex I found a nice Selena sim and I thought she was very pretty so I used her. My friend had made some Jonas ones which didn't look half bad for someone who said they were no good at making people ..

I can't play Sims 2 anymore (well I can technically play but not Nightlife as it broke and that's my favorite EP). I have so much CC from that so I do miss it at times. The biggest thing I miss is the ability to play two families at a time. I get paranoid to play with anyone else with the way they did it..the whole switching active household thing is the stupidest idea ever. I just know I'll mess it up somehow being the smupid person that I am.
There are some positives to Sims 3 though. Ones I can think of are the personalities most of all and the ability to recolor outfits furniture makeup etc with just a click of the button. I believe the relationships are also more diverse too.
I still hope they make an improvement somehow but idk like many others I have no faith in them and I just stick with what I've got.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 04:46:15 pm by idontcare » Logged

Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2010, 10:45:16 am »

Would you mind terribly if I asked you to please use proper words, capital letters and such? I realize that with your user name being what it is, you may not even think you need to do so, but really, you do. Lazy posting habits make for grumpy admins, don't cha know?

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
idontcare

whoopdedoo

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2010, 03:46:18 pm »

Would you mind terribly if I asked you to please use proper words, capital letters and such? I realize that with your user name being what it is, you may not even think you need to do so, but really, you do. Lazy posting habits make for grumpy admins, don't cha know?

I know what you mean about capital letters and I am used to not capitalizing because no other forums have minded (I have been on a lot of forums too. this is the internet after all and not college. actually to be honest you should see some of the people that post discussion questions for online college. sometimes they don't capitalize and they can have major typos. once in a while there has even been instructors that have typos. pretty funny if you ask me) and it takes a lot of effort to capitalize when you type fast. however I always capitalize the word "I" in my posts as well as proper names and this issue is closed since I realize that I have to capitalize every time. *sighs* Now I have to go back and edit all my posts by capitalizing to fit the posting style of this one because now the aesthetics are thrown off. I just have one question: where were you when I was not using capital letters in 07 on the old site? Apparently I didn't even capitalize the word "I" then

Other than that, proper words and such? Are you saying my spelling or grammar is off? o O I don't see anything spelled wrong and mind you I look at my posts obsessively. Were you talking about "idk"? That's a common abbreviation for the internet (it was even used in a phone commercial) and that's the only one I used (besides CC and EP but every Sims player knows those. they're official abbreviations so they don't count)

« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 04:57:06 pm by idontcare » Logged

Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2010, 05:23:13 pm »

I know what you mean about capital letters and I am used to not capitalizing because no other forums have minded (I have been on a lot of forums too. this is the internet after all and not college. actually to be honest you should see some of the people that post discussion questions for online college. sometimes they don't capitalize and they can have major typos. once in a while there has even been instructors that have typos. pretty funny if you ask me)

As true as that may be (since I've witnessed it a lot last semester), the internet excuse is really starting to take it's toll.  I'm glad that you're able to type coherently overall, but there's nothing wrong with at least making an effort to capitalize the first letter of a sentence.  Usually, we can understand the occasional slip-up, since it happens to everyone, but to type something incorrectly just because it's the internet seems to be trying to take the lazy way out, just like Paden mentioned.  It's a forum, so it's not like someone has a gun to anyone's head and telling them to post as is or else.   Believe me, one should have plenty of time to check through before hitting the "Post" button.  Grin

To be honest, I have horrible eyesight, so some of the things that help me differentiate sentences in paragraphs and block posts are the capital letters in the beginning in each one.  I know a few other people who also have the same problem here, so it's pretty difficult to even read certain posts that lack proper capitals and/or punctuation.  That's partially why we've included the rule in the first place... to make it easier for everyone to read posts and not miss the concept that the poster is presenting.  That way, there are no hints of miscommunication either. 

Where were you when I was most likely not using capital letters every time in 07 on the old site?

With all due respect, that was the old site.  Wink  The rules have since been modified, and we have asked for everyone, old and new, to review them and follow through.  All that the staff here requests of everyone is to at least make an effort to do so.  No harm in that, right?

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2010, 05:36:34 pm »

sometimes they don't capitalize and they can have major typos. once in a while there has even been instructors that have typos. pretty funny if you ask me) and it takes a lot of effort to capitalize when you type fast.

Other sites can do as they wish and be as relaxed about posting etiquette as they like. As Tenshii mentioned, there are reasons we ask people to at least make the effort. (A large one being we want to make sure everyone understands what is written here.) Also, I would like to add I type fast (up to just over 100 wpm on a good day - 70 wpm on a bad one), with arthritis, tendonitis and carpal tunnel syndrome, which will eventually need surgery, and I manage the shift key just fine, thanks. It's uncomfortable for me at times, but if I want to be legible to everyone, I do it.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
HappyThoughts
Lump of Clay

Fear me I'm 5'3" ooga booga booga

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2010, 03:08:34 pm »

Take your lumps and listen to the Admin's.  Eat some Humble Pie (haha cute pun).  If I had a nickel for everytime Caffeinated.Joy called me out for my faux pas, well I'm not that good at math so maybe a dollar or so. 

Back On Topic,  I still believe S3, no matter how many EP's and fixes, will never capture the freedom and affectionate attachments that S2 has given us. Viva La Sims2! 

Back Off Topic, till we meet again Joy! Wink

idontcare

whoopdedoo

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2010, 01:50:37 am »

Other sites can do as they wish and be as relaxed about posting etiquette as they like.

Yes but I was talking about the college website here. It's just kind of funny like I said.
I mean I would think that we needed to have good spelling and grammar in discussion questions too.

I did edit all my posts to proper capitalization though as I said (even the ones that are still here from 07)

By the way, you ever notice how the word capitalization looks like it's spelled wrong? It's bugging me right now and I don't know why.

I still want to know what Paden means by "proper words and such" because I swear I spelled nothing (and I mean nothing) wrong. This is going to be haunting me all day. Case in point, I just looked at my post AGAIN. I'll probably look at it repeatedly every hour like a maniac (oh wait I am a bit of a maniac so I suppose that doesn't matter)

Glamily
A Tad Bit Glittery

I used to be as mad as a hatter

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2010, 05:04:36 am »

I played Sims 3 yesterday.. and I'm sorry to say this, but I'm jumping back on the Sims 2 bandwagon. Tongue
Sims 2 has so much more, better CC and I just like the sims better.

No more hiding
Don't be afraid of what's inside
Anytime anybody pulls you down
Anytime anybody says you're not allowed
Just remember you are not alone
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: