Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 04:17:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13
  Print  
Author Topic: *MESHER'S RESOURCE* Hi-Res Bodyshape Poser Magnet Sets - New Sets added 2-11  (Read 104236 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Truthslayer

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2007, 10:43:44 pm »

Alright, I have milkshape and demon's msalignormals plugin installed, the mesh is open, and I somehow can't get the darn plugin to do it's thing.  By vertex alone, faces, even as a group.  I select, then press Align Normals; poof, nothing.  I think I'm starting to get the hang of this though...
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2007, 11:10:44 pm »

Hmm that's odd, I usually just grab all the verts down the side of the mesh from the side view, Align Normals, and *poof* everything is good.  You want to only use it on areas you need to fix... don't select whole areas, cause it will smooth over some details, but it should work fine along those seams and get rid of them totally.

Be sure to stop by Warlokk's Tower Workshop to see what's new!
Need help with the Bodyshape Sets? Bodyshape How-To Tutorial
Truthslayer

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2007, 12:15:40 am »

Here's a thought, would the fact that milkshape is version 1.7.10 have anything to do with this, or possibly the options I check when exporting from Poser?

(Being 'weld body part seems' was checked now really kinda stands out... others were the naming conventions (body, internal, & figure))
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2007, 07:08:40 am »

Oh, the export window should have the first 4 boxes checked, nothing else.  That should do the trick.

Truthslayer

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2007, 07:40:59 pm »

Finally figured it out!

I forgot to turn off autosmooth before importing in milkshape.  I can be such a twit sometimes... now with pic...

* done.JPG (12.92 KB, 214x611 - viewed 700 times.)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 08:27:27 pm by Truthslayer » Logged
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2007, 09:51:06 pm »

Sweet!  Now you can start converting all those other outfits I never got around to!  Wink

Nice job, it's cool once you figure something like that out, isn't it?

Truthslayer

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2007, 01:47:55 am »

Yes it is, and between the initial links you provided, and your help for the blanks in-between, it's almost a complete tutorial using Poser that others could try as well.  Funny how it works that way sometimes.
DarkStarRising

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2007, 04:16:03 pm »

Well i dont use P5 or 6 or 7 LOL, i have pro pack, magnets work in there ive used them, there fun. as hubs above asked what model did you do your base from, and a stupid queastion now, can i use poser clothing to use in S2, or convert the clothing to S2??
Or can you direct me to somewhere that has a tut on how to do this.

i will play with your magnets, or get hubs to play with em LOL. i just would like to know if i can use some of my clothings from Poser to S2 Cheesy

spanx in advance
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2007, 05:39:14 pm »

I used the Maxis meshes from the game as my bases for everything... the magnets are designed and positioned to be applied to body meshes exported from the game files.  None of the Poser models would work without a LOT of optimization and vert reduction, they are WAY too high-poly for the game to handle, even the lo-res versions.

My Hi-Res nude meshes were made from the base Maxis nudes, with extra verts and details added by hand in Milkshape.

Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2007, 05:31:26 pm »

Hi All--  Brother_Raven just reminded me I hadn't released the Classic Pinup magnet set.  Since I've pretty much finished what I wanted to release for her for now, I've added the magnets to the main post here.  Enjoy!

Brother_Raven

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2007, 06:19:25 pm »

Wow!
That was an amazing fast turnaround from request to delivery!

Thanks ever so much Warlokk...
:worship:

*runs off to begin much conversion*
franciele
Creator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2007, 07:49:43 pm »

This might sound stupid, but where is the "export" on simpe? I'm on step 27 of Brianna's tutorial but since she uses an older version of it I'm totally lost. I want to play in poser! lol Can someone help me?

Come visit us at FrannySims!
               ~~~:love5:~~~
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2007, 09:00:41 pm »

If you are in the GMDC, in the lower left corner where the preview window is.  Cheesy

franciele
Creator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2007, 10:18:39 pm »

lol I guess I should had phased that better. I'm on step 27 and I'm supose to find the GMDC thing and then the export.... I don't know where either is. lol So I guess the correct question would be how do I get to the GMDC? Thank you for being so quick on answering my question!

Come visit us at FrannySims!
               ~~~:love5:~~~
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2007, 10:52:51 pm »

Hmm... well, it's been a while since I've seen Bri's tutorial, but all the GMDC parts for each outfit mesh are in the TSData\Res\Sims3d\Sims03.package file for the base game and each expansion in the install directories.  If you open that file in SimPE, you'll see all the meshes for all the outfits included in that version/expansion.  You can then choose the one you're interested in and export the .obj from there, which can then be pulled into Poser.  You also need to export the GMDC itself, along with the other mesh components (Shape, Resource Node, and another one I forget) which are in Sims04, 05 and 06.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13
  Print  

Jump to: