Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 05:03:26 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13
  Print  
Author Topic: *MESHER'S RESOURCE* Hi-Res Bodyshape Poser Magnet Sets - New Sets added 2-11  (Read 105155 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
themysticalone

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: July 06, 2007, 08:56:03 am »

Hmm... next time I do a round of mesh conversion, maybe I will finally do up a full tutorial.

Which version of Poser do you have?

As long as any part of the magnet (base, zone, or mag) is selected, hitting delete, or going to object..delete object, should allow you to delete it.

Fodi is my comic.
Looking for a nice, organised table of all the bodyshape base sets and my recolors and conversions? Look here: Bodyshape Links
franciele
Creator

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 06, 2007, 03:23:28 pm »

Got my problem fixed, how I don't know lol. I must have done something wrong when I was looking for the files in the H&M folder. Cheesy

RisingSun I'm not sure what you need help with but for what I get you are having problems with the Poser part. This is how I do it.
I open the GMDC file in Milkshape and export it as a wavefront obj, then I open Poser.
Once Poser is loaded I go to Figure/Delete Figure
Then Import/ wavefront obj.
Uncheck everything/ OK / find your .obj file/ open
Now on the right side of the screen I go to Props
I find the magnet I want to use and double click on it to load
If for some reason it didn't load all you have to do is go to to the drop down arrow next to one that says No Figure and select the individual magnet, once you have it selected click on the magnet itself on the screen. Then go to properties/ Add element to Deform/ select the obj/ OK. Like this:
http://s114.photobucket.com/albums/n262/rforbaenrcti/?action=view¤t=ScreenShot033.jpg

Once you are done aplying the magnets go to File/Export/Wavefront obj
Single frame/ OK
Uncheck the ground/ ok
Then I only check these 3 options
http://s114.photobucket.com/albums/n262/rforbaenrcti/?action=view¤t=ScreenShot034.jpg

That's it for Poser, all you need to do now is open Mesh Tool and run through it. Hope this helps.

Come visit us at FrannySims!
               ~~~:love5:~~~
themysticalone

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: July 06, 2007, 03:51:19 pm »

fanciele: I also check the last box there while exporting. (I believe Warlokk does too, or at least it's Poser 5 equivalent).

You can also set up the initial environment so that it has no figure in it.  To do this, delete the default figure, then load up your sims 2 body objects and zoom out and rotate so that it is fully visible.  Then I delete it.  Somewhere under preferences lets you set the default environment (once I'm on my laptop, I'll look up what it's exactly called).

This way, Poser loads faster since it doesn't have to load any figures at start, and you then don't have to manuever the camera to see the sims 2 body afterwards.  Just a tip to save some time Wink

You also shouldn't have to select an element to deform.  If you want to apply a body magnet to an object not named body, you can select the body, click on the second tab in the parameters window, and change its 'name' to body.  This doesn't change it's internal name (Poser always uses the filename as the internal name, for some reason), but it beats having to select an element to deform for 10+ magnets.

Fodi is my comic.
Looking for a nice, organised table of all the bodyshape base sets and my recolors and conversions? Look here: Bodyshape Links
franciele
Creator

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 06, 2007, 04:07:54 pm »

I had problems with loading the magnets for some reason when I first started and the only way I was able to make it work was to deform every one lol. That's why I meantioned it. The default thing sounds really cool! I'll do that next time I load Poser! It's always so anoying to wait for Poser to delete the figure :lol: I have Poser 7 and I had tons of problems in the beggining getting the bodies converted. I tried having the last box checked at first but I don't think it worked right for me. Not having it checked hasn't showed up to be a problem with me so I never thought about having it checked after the first few tries lol.

Come visit us at FrannySims!
               ~~~:love5:~~~
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: July 06, 2007, 04:22:15 pm »

It also sounds like you guys are skipping an important step in here, or at least you're not mentioning it... when you apply the magnets and get things looking the way you want, you need to select your figure (body.obj) and go to Object--Spawn Morph.  This creates the dial on your toolbar for that shape.  Then you delete all the magnets, which should revert the figure back to the default shape, and set the new morph to 1, and it should be the shape you wanted.  This is what you want to export as your new .obj.  This way you won't have any problems with extra stuff being attached (the magnets) or anything weird like that.  It also lets you create a number of shapes at the same time, create morphs for each, and then export them one by one.

Be sure to stop by Warlokk's Tower Workshop to see what's new!
Need help with the Bodyshape Sets? Bodyshape How-To Tutorial
RisingSun
Designer

Designer extraordinaire!

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 07, 2007, 01:49:57 am »

Quote from: themysticalone;811015
Hmm... next time I do a round of mesh conversion, maybe I will finally do up a full tutorial.

Which version of Poser do you have?

As long as any part of the magnet (base, zone, or mag) is selected, hitting delete, or going to object..delete object, should allow you to delete it.

I have Poser 7 and that's exactly what I did, when I select the magnet to deleted, it deletes the magnetized bodypart as well, after creating a morph of the body.

See my bodyshape series over at InSIMadult!
RisingSun
Designer

Designer extraordinaire!

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 07, 2007, 01:52:38 am »

Quote from: Warlokk;811653
It also sounds like you guys are skipping an important step in here, or at least you're not mentioning it... when you apply the magnets and get things looking the way you want, you need to select your figure (body.obj) and go to Object--Spawn Morph.  This creates the dial on your toolbar for that shape.  Then you delete all the magnets, which should revert the figure back to the default shape, and set the new morph to 1, and it should be the shape you wanted.  This is what you want to export as your new .obj.  This way you won't have any problems with extra stuff being attached (the magnets) or anything weird like that.  It also lets you create a number of shapes at the same time, create morphs for each, and then export them one by one.

Omg... I think that's it or something like it! Bah! I've been setting the dial to 1 then deleting... or something like that. I'll have to check it out

See my bodyshape series over at InSIMadult!
themysticalone

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: July 07, 2007, 06:58:32 am »

Yeah, selecting the body to do the morph like that has become such second-nature to me that I forget to mention it.  I usually do 5 or so morphs at a time (all from one cup size) when I'm converting.

RisingSun: Are you sure you were selecting the body object when spawning the morph? When I was first starting out, I didn't realise I had to have the body selected, and when I deleted the magnet, it deleted the moprh (since the morph went to the magnet).  It's also very easy to accidentally select the body when you mean to select a magnet.

I've set the morph to 1 before deleting the magnets plenty of times, and it works fine for me.

Fodi is my comic.
themysticalone

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: July 07, 2007, 02:08:06 pm »

Dum dee dum... I made a tutorial.  Let me know if I left anything out:

http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=52230

Fodi is my comic.
igottapi4

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 11, 2007, 12:15:47 am »

im having major problems, i have the worst headache ever and ive been at this for two straight days.

ive follow all the intructions and i import the meshes to milkshape so i can put the 3 meshes together and  make the meshes smooth, everything looks fine until i test it ingame and for some reason my body doesnt move, its freaking frozen and it has the arms and legs like when it in milkshape or poser.

And dont get me started on meshtool, i have never been able to do anything with it, it just doesnt want to work, i follow all the intructions but my mesh never changes.

i need help.
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: August 11, 2007, 05:54:55 pm »

Well, without Mesh Tool, there are no bone assignments so it won't have any way to animate.  And Mesh Tool will only work on an unaltered mesh with no extra verts, and it also won't work on anything with alpha groups or any other extra groups.

If you're using Milkshape, you have to assign all the verts to bones... the way I do it is, I export an .objx from the base mesh, then export the .obj... I alter the .obj's in Poser, reimport them all, in the correct order and with the exact group names, then import the .objx.  That gives all the assignments and comments and all the extra stuff that is needed for it to work in-game, then you export it as a .simpe with the Unimesh exporter.  That .simpe is then pulled into your Mesh package in SimPE.

Be sure to stop by Warlokk's Tower Workshop to see what's new!
Need help with the Bodyshape Sets? Bodyshape How-To Tutorial
igottapi4

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 12, 2007, 06:07:10 pm »

thank you soo much warlokk this defenely did the trick.
Bakajin

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 21, 2007, 02:19:38 pm »

How do you get the morphs to split into different obj files? Is it done in Milkshape or Poser? When I use the hide command in groups and export the morph, I end up with an obj with both morphs (I'm working on a two morph mesh)

EDIT: I think I got it sorted. I deleted a group, exported, undelete, delete, export again. Hope it works.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 02:37:35 pm by Bakajin » Logged
Bakajin

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 21, 2007, 03:26:17 pm »

Yeah!!! Thanks yet again Warlokk! Finally I was able to edit a custom bottom mesh! WooHoo!
Jay1646

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 09, 2007, 05:54:48 pm »

thanks warlokk!!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13
  Print  

Jump to: