Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 12:17:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19
  Print  
Author Topic: Paysite Discussion Thread  (Read 75035 times)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic.
kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: July 21, 2007, 06:56:01 pm »

Yeah lets play nice guys.. I'm in a good mood. Don't make me force you into my basement for a beating Smiley
djslippyman

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 21, 2007, 06:58:23 pm »

Ummm ok miros.

So anyway Kathy I'm stuck at work for the last 12 hrs (yes Saturday's are slow and its been a hellish week) so its been nice to actually be occupied on the internet and make the time pass by.  1 hr to go!!   Almost there.  I guess i owe you for it being a bearable day.

Cheesy Simposium The Ultimate Guide for Poses and Animations Cheesy
djslippyman

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 21, 2007, 07:01:47 pm »

Quote from: kathy;837107
Don't make me force you into my basement for a beating Smiley

In the words of Miros:  Don't bait me.:laugh:Cheesy

kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 21, 2007, 07:04:14 pm »

Quote from: djslippyman;837110
Ummm ok miros.

So anyway Kathy I'm stuck at work for the last 12 hrs (yes Saturday's are slow and its been a hellish week) so its been nice to actually be occupied on the internet and make the time pass by. 1 hr to go!! Almost there. I guess i owe you for it being a bearable day.
yay Come do my laundry!
djslippyman

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 21, 2007, 07:09:15 pm »

Noooooooo

Sad thing is I have two 6 month old twins to help take of when I get home. Work never ends..... Sad

but i do have 4 days off next taking care of the kids... they eventually do sleep.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2007, 07:11:49 pm by djslippyman » Logged

kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 21, 2007, 07:17:32 pm »

I remember those days fondly... Luckily I had single births lol. Wait till they get older and start getting into everything.
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: July 21, 2007, 07:18:18 pm »

Quote from: kathy;837107
Yeah lets play nice guys.. I'm in a good mood. Don't make me force you into my basement for a beating Smiley

OOOH!  Kathy!  Meet me over on the Adult board and we'll take turns?

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
djslippyman

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 21, 2007, 07:32:42 pm »

Well Kathy its been a pleasure.  Have a good weekend.

kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 21, 2007, 07:34:40 pm »

You too Smiley
CynaraBlade

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 21, 2007, 08:30:06 pm »

Haha...I know, I complained before about threads being derailed, but I couldn't help but laugh when I saw the direction this thread has taken. Believe me, I just had to bite my tongue and show some tact throughout by not saying a word, as I'm quite vicious and argumentative on my worst days! lol

:blob6:
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: July 21, 2007, 10:53:45 pm »

Well, I'm trying not to get vicious.  How about you meet me on the Adult board, since Kathy's chicken?  The safe word is "Gerbits"!

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
pickpock

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 22, 2007, 04:11:43 am »

lol at all of you

To get this back on track, have you seen MTS2 recent rule changes, and the e-mail HP got from EA?

http://modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=240944
http://phorum.mustnotbenamed.com/viewtopic.php?t=1065

* 070720024748-ReplyFromEA.jpg (204.05 KB, 1024x819 - viewed 171 times.)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Come on! You know you want to... Join!

The Plot Thickens! It now contains: 1 broken chainsaw, 1 fishes ( I got hungry), 1/2 a bottle of rum (and thirsty too!) and way to many things keeping me away from the computer.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: July 22, 2007, 04:40:20 am »

I just checked out the new rules myself... I think it's an alright idea, but that's certainly a lot more things for my poor little brain to remember...  (especially if one has been on a PMBD clothes and hair binge recently.  :smt120 ) I think I'll stick to uploading here for now.  :angel:

And that new email seems pretty interesting.  :smile bi:  Man, sometimes I wish that EA Legal would just go ahead and post what they truly think on the official site.  (yes, I know the email is from the online support, not from the legal department... but I want to see them with a truly solid stance for once.)  All of these back and forth issues with all custom content has me so frustrated now that I could care less on what happens to it... truly sad in my case.  :icon9:

kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 22, 2007, 12:37:41 pm »

Quote from: TenshiiAkari12;837623
And that new email seems pretty interesting. :smile bi: Man, sometimes I wish that EA Legal would just go ahead and post what they truly think on the official site. (yes, I know the email is from the online support, not from the legal department... but I want to see them with a truly solid stance for once.) All of these back and forth issues with all custom content has me so frustrated now that I could care less on what happens to it... truly sad in my case. :icon9:
This is my problem as well. With all the flipflopping and what have you I simply could care less any more. Shit the one person who responded favorably to Nouk or Diana gave the complete opposite reply to Ali so I don't know if any of them even know wtf is going on.

The rule mts2 posted is the same rule Eric wanted to post a few months back but there seem to be some conflicting opinions on it so it hasn't been enforced.
SolidGoldFunk
Site Santa!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: July 22, 2007, 01:00:11 pm »

I'm a custom content fanatic and I do donate to some of the pay sites only because I appreciate what they do. I think people should be able to charge for their creations because the tutorials are out there and people are just too lazy to learn how to do things themselves (myself for example). I like the free sites more because they seem more people friendly and it seems that they truly do it because they love it. Now when I make lots I try to use as little pay content as possible because it's a hassle. I would love not to have to pay for custom content but if that's how people make their money then I say they should go for it.

Also, I read someone said "stupid" people pay for the content, but some of us truly appreciate the time and effort that these people put into their creations.

Another opinion of mine is that if these sites are going to have pay items then they shouldn't be so picky about the free items. I hate that on some sites (4ESF for example) won't allow you to redistribute their free items. Credit is a given. I think if people are too lazy to provide credit then they shouldn't be allowed to use the person's content. But if credit is given I don't see the problem. I don't know much about running a website but if they would allow people to redistribute their free items wouldn't they be able to free up space on their website bringing the maintenance costs down? I don't know...

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19
  Print  

Jump to: