Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 06:44:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19
  Print  
Author Topic: Paysite Discussion Thread  (Read 76574 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Inge Jones

View Profile WWW
« Reply #210 on: August 01, 2007, 03:24:53 am »

Quote from: kathy;850127
A few months ago Eric caught someone selling the InSIM for $2.00. Pissed me off, it is worth more than that.

Lol!!!   Yeah, while at some level it might be flattering that someone chooses to rip off your work, the least they could do is accord it its proper value Cheesy

SimLogical
Please do not PM me with questions about modding.  Please post in an appropriate forum and send me a link to the thread if you would like me to try and help.
Phycosymo

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 03, 2007, 06:14:24 pm »

A few months ago Eric caught someone selling the InSIM for $2.00. Pissed me off, it is worth more than that.
What site was that? :lol: I think it more like $10.00 if you ask me...

Yes, You! Stand Still Laddie!
CynaraBlade

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 03, 2007, 07:29:49 pm »

Nope, it's worth the unconditional love of simmers everywhere.:-P

:blob6:
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 05, 2007, 05:52:08 pm »

Quote from: CynaraBlade;857554
Nope, it's worth the unconditional love of simmers everywhere.:-P

I agree Cynara, also if I may add, the hard work that Eric, Kathy, Squinge, Numenor, and others in the community to make our gameplay smooth and fun, is priceless!!  My meaning, we can never afford it!  What I find by paysite owners, quite a bit are not as creative or imaginative as those who provide the content for free. Don't get me wrong, I visit paysites, and buy because the content is absolutely fabulous, like Raonsims, and reflexsims, but I will give a whole lot more in the form of donations if their sites were free, because I want to see it up and running.  That is why I give like crazy here and at other freesites, because I want them to stick around for a loooong time, LOL.  I love INSIM, because I can rattle on, too! Haha!:-P

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
sakrayami

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 06, 2007, 07:02:09 pm »

Well. all i can say is thank to dr.pixel and kathy for answering. I don't like to write too much english since it's not my motherlanguage. But i understand it very well. I am not involved with pirates, i have a very busy life. on the other hand i can understand them in many ways, but i do not want to debate this here. I have recently seen a lot of the pirates in different forums, and i think their arguments are quite ok.

I've been thinking of the legality of reverse engineering as well, and that's not legal, i do not need more than common sense to understand that.  To change codes for a game, and then sell it without approval from the original company, it wouldn't be legal where i live. I know that for sure. There are people all over the world playing this game, and i can't recall it has been similar discussions around paysites/not paysites with other games.

I have nothing against donating to S2C, MTS2 or this site now and then,
but i will never spend a penny to support paysites.

:love3:

~Sakrayami~
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #215 on: August 14, 2007, 01:56:58 am »

I'm sure many have heard about the recent changes to the EULA by now but...

http://forums.sims2community.com/showpost.php?p=982200&postcount=113

Maybe a little too sure?  :roll:  Yeah, I did check the actual site, but I'm not buying anything from this until I hear an official front page statement from EA themselves.  A few wording changes that go unnoticed (on the Fansite kit page BTW) by many is not official enough, IMHO.  Besides, as long as they still condone file sharing, it doesn't mean as much as people are starting to take it.

However, if this is the real deal, and they really are going to change this version of it, I hope EA plans on selling licenses for those who insist on staying purely pay/donation.  That, and they'd better at least give them some strict standards to follow in the license agreement...

Either way, I'm not wasting any more money than I want to when it comes to a game like The Sims (meaning purchasing just the games, and nothing else).    Personally, I just don't see the logic of having to buy the extra pixels and sprites from a non-official site that'll probably end up in my Recycle Bin someday.  I pay enough for the game and EPs, just for the sake of entertainment.  Think of all that money I'll save for gas, bills, and food!  :tongue3:

So... any more opinions on this?  I'm curious to know more about these developments.  :angel:
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 02:08:17 am by Tenshii~Akari » Logged

kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 14, 2007, 03:35:45 am »

Well I knew this was going to happen.
SolidGoldFunk
Site Santa!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #217 on: August 14, 2007, 04:01:04 am »

Man, that's crazy! I just hope this doesn't mean the end of great free sites. Sad

kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 14, 2007, 04:11:09 am »

They technically haven't added any restrictions to bodyshop or homecrafter yet from what I have read but most likely will with the release of Bon Voyage. Honestly I don't think any free sites are in danger of becoming paysites even if they do say We support Paysites.
SolidGoldFunk
Site Santa!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #219 on: August 14, 2007, 04:47:01 am »

Yeah, I think they will add restrictions too. We'll see though. But Kathy, you may be right about free sites not being in danger, because there seems to be a great deal of people against paysites and I don't think it's only because of the EULA.

PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 14, 2007, 05:32:22 am »

I read this, it's just posted for the Content Manager. This is the same thing I read when I downloaded the Content Manager when I first got the Sims 2. It's just been updated, but it's the same as before. It was always different than the EULA for the content manager. In fact if they keep posts that old you could probably find a post from me where I asked why the rules are so different on the Content Manager than they are on Body Shop and Home Crafter? They seemed really laxed on the content manager. But someone else posted in that thread it's because you can't create anything with the Content Manager. Which by the way no one else ever answered. As far as a Maxoid, I mean. Yes I am one of those weirdo's that read everything. lol I also save everything, so I'll look for the TOS from when I got it, but it looks identical to what I read back then.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 05:34:46 am by PegasusDiana » Logged

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
SolidGoldFunk
Site Santa!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #221 on: August 14, 2007, 07:15:38 am »

Oh okay Diana. I think it's on the website. I just downloaded content manager this morning but of course I didn't read it... lol.

Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #222 on: August 14, 2007, 08:22:27 am »

I downloaded it, but I think even my computer rejects the idea of change... it keeps giving me an error when I try to run it.  :lol:

The fact that sites like TSR are now looking forward to the 'new' changes to the EULA just doesn't make any sense.  Sure, it may had been the number one dispute at the beginning, but like many have said before, it's still 'a weak argument.'  I've even looked back at my thoughts on it over time, and the more I learned about the 'legal stuff', the less I believed that EA was going to do something about it and follow their own words. Why try to follow it now?  We've all seen by now that EA doesn't care as much what we do, so long as no one is dishing out warez of their products... :tongue:

Personally, nothing changes for me.  I'm still going to keep on doing as I always have, even if EA is all for them.  Support and download from my favorite sites, have fun with my game, create some random CC every now and again, and other things.  Yes, that even includes raiding the booty when I feel like it.   Like I keep saying (...broken record syndrome...):  it's just a game...  a game that's loved dearly and taken way too seriously at times.  I just don't see why certain people feel the need to take advantage of the situation and make money off of it... I've never really liked the "piggyback" ideals some people tend to have.

kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 14, 2007, 08:31:06 am »

Ironically enough the same people who stood around stating that the EULA claims selling content are the same ones backpeddling and are now saying the EULA doesn't matter. Bottom line people are going to do what they want with zero regard for anyone other than themselves. They don't want to pay for content so by god they will find a new excuse not to and on the same token well since it's legal lets milk this cow for all it's worth.

Any chance of the community spirit, if there ever was any, being repaired is long gone. All we are left with is even more bickering. If you don't like paysites fine noone is forcing you to support them, if you like them whatever it's your money.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 03:53:17 am by kathy » Logged
Solander

View Profile WWW
« Reply #224 on: August 14, 2007, 08:34:09 am »

Really, really astonishing, how far a "more important than anything else, read carefully and see, that we are right" EULA can turn into a peace of paper without any right to exist or to respect.

Visit me at Pimp my Sims.com
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19
  Print  

Jump to: