Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 02:59:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: SeXy Feet for meshers*Updated*  (Read 65513 times)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2010, 03:32:33 pm »

You could probably also remap the parts that "are already there", and fix the texture afterwards, so that the mesh will work with the skintones Smiley

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2010, 06:32:15 pm »

You could probably also remap the parts that "are already there", and fix the texture afterwards, so that the mesh will work with the skintones Smiley

Yup, also possible.
I never had that choice with the replacements as i needed to update all the outfit texture files...

No longer active
yuichen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2010, 01:09:07 pm »

I can't really do that, unfortunately. This mesh is a replacement to add morphs so if I did that I'd have to go and change all their recolors as well =/

Thanks for the new mappings, Bloom. I'll mess around with those in a few Smiley

ETA:
The texture looks much better on my mesh but the mapping for the toenails were completely gone when I imported it into milkshape. Also, there are cracks galore up the back of one heel and down across the foot by the toes, none of which showed up in milkshape. I tried combining the old and new together (in attempt to save myself more vertex movement) and the toenails didn't get carried over. No idea why o.O

Anyway, I'm going to keep poking at it.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 03:26:21 pm by yuichen » Logged
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2010, 06:41:18 am »

Oh, i am srry....those cracks are a result of mirrored uv parts and i thought i fixed those......
Well, i did fix them on the meshes i used them on but i have to have a look wich ones....
I know for sure AL sexyfeetmesh is fixed, did that recently:
http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,96042.0.html
However, its a male mesh and has the nails mapped on the fingers(like the previous is uploaded.)

Here is another one i ran into, its a female with one set of feet mapped on the left, also the nails are mapped on the fingers.
The nails however you can easily place back to their original spot tho.

Another one i mirrored and is fixed is the Female ''afbodypajamaslong'' from Glamour EP
http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,70301.0.html
But it also has the nails moved to the fingers

Wich mesh are you updating?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 02:56:36 am by BlooM » Logged

No longer active
yuichen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2010, 03:09:32 pm »

I tried the male mesh and had the same problem with the gaps but I'll try the female one. It looks like less editing at least.

The mesh I am editing is this one, at GOS. I already add the morphs to it but someone requested a sexy feet version.
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2010, 05:23:36 am »

Here, seen the mesh
This one should work unless they textured unnecesarry space on the alpha, then you have a problem...
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 07:41:30 am by BlooM » Logged

No longer active
yuichen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2010, 02:38:36 pm »

I think it's official that your feet hate me. I don't know what it is, but every single remapped one I tried has those gaps (the worst being up the heel on the left foot) when I test it in game. It's not like I touch that area, nor around the top of the toes. I tried merging the normals and it doesn't do anything.

I know you said it happens when you mirror the uv but I thought what you do in there doesn't even bother with the actual mesh vertices?

Do you mind if I ask how you're horizontally flipping that part of the uvmap? I can't see it as an option with milkshape... do you use something else?
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2010, 09:18:08 pm »

The gaps are a result of using a external uvmapper.
If you save your mesh as a ms3d file you can open it with LithUnwrap.
In LithUnwrap you can mirror parts, then export the file as *.luv format.
Back in Milkshape you can import the edited *.luv uvmap (lithium unwrapper uv)

Unfortunate this will mess up the mesh badly with gaps wich you have to fix.....
Those errors can be fixed by snapping those vertices back together even when all looks ok in Milkshape.(also check the boneassignements on those problem areas.
But the file i uploaded in my previous post should be fixed already as i uploaded it as a replacement for the Glamour sexyfeet replacements, not?
If not then you need to download the adult female Pj from the Glamour EP and extract the mesh.
Make sure to get the correct files, i remember messing up many times with identical files and attempts..Sad

If you got sick and tired of it, upload your mesh and outfit so i can have a look

No longer active
yuichen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2010, 09:48:16 pm »

Ah. I saved it differently in lithunwrap but it mangled it up pretty badly. I'm not just talking gaps, everything got extremely jagged. I couldn't seem to smooth them at all. Either way, I tried to close the gaps in the last one you gave me as well as the others and they wouldn't close. I've tried them all that you linked me to.

I'll keep trying though. Thank you so much for taking the time to help me. I'll definitely keep that offer in mind.
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2010, 12:05:00 am »

eh? The last one doesn't have gaps, i already fixed and uploaded them a year ago(Glamour EP)

No longer active
yuichen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2010, 12:32:12 am »

I'm talking about the one you uploaded to post #50 in this thread. But yeah, they all had gaps. So I don't know, maybe I'm doing something wrong... even though I didn't touch those areas initially. I really don't know =/
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2010, 03:01:08 am »

crap, you were right....i am sorry!!
I really messed things up on those........spent one hour to fix it. Sad
Should be ok now  Lips Sealed
You only need to import your morphs, Wink
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 07:41:46 am by BlooM » Logged

No longer active
yuichen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2010, 11:13:21 am »

Oh my god, I love you! YAY
It works perfectly! Again, thank you SO much for helping me with this, I'm sure it must have gotten a bit annoying at times!

I have one last question, though. Does the foot group have to keep the body name or could I rename it to feet? How does the game not confuse the parts?
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2010, 11:41:01 am »

You keep it the same name(body)
Basegame meshes are all build out of a top/bottom or body, few exeptions(transparant nighty/vampire outfit and a few others)
In your outfit you find the propertyset wich links the textures to the mesh.(overrides)
I advise this as the feet are a high polygon mesh, duplicating it 2 times for the fat and pregnant morphs makes it a huge file.....better not!! Wink
By keeping it a seperate group meshgroup it will be always there, even when a sim is changing to fat or pregnant.
You do need to cut off all existing old blockfeet from the morphs tho, otherwise you get a error(mismatch in ammount of vertices)

In my outfits i added lines in the propertyset for shoes/alphalayers or parts that needed reflectivity.
By doing this the new texturefiles bodyshop extracts (when cloning a outfit) are also getting those new names, maybe that confused you.

Glad this is working Smiley

Edit,
Deleting your meshfile

« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 07:41:11 am by BlooM » Logged

No longer active
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: