Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 02:45:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: SeXy Feet for meshers*Updated*  (Read 65512 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2007, 06:29:46 pm »

Just to make all the people who missed the sexy feet jealous:

Yes, mom is wearing the default nude bottom with the sexy feet...

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2007, 07:48:29 pm »

Quote from: szielins;849686
Eh.  Experience is a long list of things you'll never do again.  Smiley

Did you promise to keep the meshes down unless they explicitly said it was okay to put them back up?

My english aint the best but this is the exact text i mailed to Efrontier:

I think i have made a mistake by using some of the feet that were original created in poser.
I extracted those as obj.file and used them in my sims2 game.
Nothing wrong there but i also released them on my meshes on insiminator.net.
If i violated the rules of the Efrontier P7 EULA, please let me now.
Im not good in the english langauge and understand only half of the definations.
I will remove the meshes now.
This is the post i released the feet for other meshers:
http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=53052

No longer active
szielins

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2007, 08:37:29 pm »

Nothing there but an earnest of good faith and a request for clarification on what they think they're trying to allow and disallow with the EULA.  For their part, they've forwarded it off to the right people to generate an answer eventually, and did not include a request that you keep them down until they get back to you.  I see little reason why the meshes couldn't go back up while they're trying to reach a decision; if the issue is important to them, an answer will come back quickly, and if the issue isn't important to them and/or it's item #7365 on Legal's list of Things That Have To Be Addressed Someday, Eventually, If We Have Time (as is almost certainly the case), might as well leave them up in the interim.  (Noting, of course, that I am not a lawyer and it isn't my name on the things... On the other hand, I already have copies, so I'm not putting the idea out there for my benefit, either.)

EFrontier's intellectual property people are FAR more concerned about full blown outright theft-- there are people out there duplicating the entire Poser 7 distribution and selling it.  You're not one of those people, and could not be mistaken for one.  A clear case of fair use, a small number of people making use of the stuff from a site that can only be considered "obscure" in the greater scheme of things, and the guy doing it is in a different country-- arguing it down to the wire would be a big headache for no real gain, and that they do not need.
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2007, 09:03:15 pm »

If i only had some time, i would build some feet from scratch.....
Dont know wat to do really, just wait another week orso.
I know alot of peeps already have the meshes so there wont be much diffrence if i keep it this way or put them up for downloading again.
If there's any harm(?) its already done..
Ill put the meshes back up next week, except the ones in this thread i think.

No longer active
hardwaretoad

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2007, 09:41:47 pm »

Well it seems to me your intentions were pretty clear, BlooM. You were creating something for people to enjoy using a tool that EF developed, which I think were their intentions when they developed the Poser series. I think warlokk had a valid point when he stated that he purposely used an older set for his little project, thought being that EF probably would care to a lesser degree that he was using them for no monetary gain (same as you), and that they were more readily available from sources outside of EF. Interesting to me yet is the fact that the legs/feet that I linked to in another post appear to have been extracted from Poser7. It would be interesting to see what the person(s) who made those available might have to say (if anything) regarding EF's policy, if at all posible.

\"Jeux sans Frontieres\"...
szielins

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2007, 05:14:17 am »

Quote from: hardwaretoad;849905
It would be interesting to see what the person(s) who made those available might have to say (if anything) regarding EF's policy, if at all posible.

Why?  And to what policy, exactly, are you referring to?
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2007, 11:49:00 am »

Well, i cant be bothered anymore.
This is the Post Hardwaretoad is referring to and were i downloaded them(the ones that are now on my meshes)
http://artist-3d.com/free_3d_models/dnm/model_disp.php?uid=115&ad=02anatomy_design.php&count=count
I did rebuild them using direct x tool to reduce the poly's, gave them new bones etc etc.

And you know wat? The legs/calve and feet were identical as the ones that are in Poser.
So i dont know who copied who :lol:
Or is 3d studio from the same company?
These are their terms of use, didn't violated any of those did i?

Terms of Use
All presented 3d models are created and copyrighted by their original author, not this website, unless mentioned otherwise, and are free for personal and non-commercial use. You might use a limited amount of digital media on you website for educational, recommendation, and demonstration purposes only by including a mandatory reference link below.

Lol, and look at these POSER GOODIES........ its all up for free and i am worried?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 12:19:30 pm by BlooM » Logged

No longer active
jose89

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2007, 10:59:43 am »

How much will it take to convince Bloom to upload male feet meshes? This whole feet copyrights issue is turning into a bad soap opera. What the heck made bloom contact Efrontier in 1st place, regret? Hey, Efrontier you're violating the copyrights of my feet and also those of 6 billion people more, should I sue you?
szielins

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2007, 02:10:25 pm »

Quote from: jose89;856339
What the heck made bloom contact Efrontier in 1st place, regret?

It's not always clear what the law is, particularly when EULAs come in, and organizations such as the RIAA have been deliberately spreading fear, uncertainty, and doubt as to what is likely to happen should one inadvertently slip up.  There's an argument to be made for erring on the side of caution-- and more importantly, all's well that ends well.

Quote from: jose89;856339
Hey, Efrontier you're violating the copyrights of my feet and also those of 6 billion people more, should I sue you?

There's no such thing.  An image of your feet can be copyrighted, but it's the photographer or painter who owns it.  The numeric representation of your feet expressed in polygon vertexes can be copyrighted, but the data then belongs to the digitizer.  Just because you walk around on the things gives you no particular rights...  Incidentally, in the USA and places with similar laws, the same thing applies to your face-- at least when you're in public.  If a photographer happens to shoot me bumbling down the street with my usual moronic expression and then sells a print to a silly-picture collector for a hundred dollars, I have no particular claim against either of them.  (The rules change when advertising or other forms of deliberate mass broadcast become involved, though.)

It's also worth renoting that EFrontier not only hasn't threatened to sue anybody, there's no reason to believe they want to.
alakazam

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2007, 03:16:03 pm »

Oh thank you!Oh thank you!Oh thank you!
jason7871

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2007, 02:52:35 am »

Thanks these will be usefull and handy Thanks again Rated Excellent an 5*'s WOW!!!!
ugly_duck
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2007, 11:52:04 pm »

You completely rock! Thank you!
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2008, 07:27:30 am »

yes, these feet you import in milkshape.
The bodymeshes you have to extract from the game.
Meshing is a lot of studying and reading tutorials, start here:
http://www.modthesims2.com/forumdisplay.php?f=445
« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 07:30:15 am by BlooM » Logged

No longer active
yuichen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2010, 12:33:48 pm »

I hope it's not been too long to post in this thread but I didn't really see the point in starting a new one...

Anyway, I added your lovely sexy feet to a mesh but I had to move the mapping on the left side because there was already something there. Understandably the texture isn't right on that foot, but I'm not sure how to make the texture show up correctly. I mean, where it's originally mapped on a skintone it's basically flat color there, so I don't really understand where the toe highlights are coming from.
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2010, 01:36:35 pm »

Open the BMP uvmap i posted in this thread and you see that the toenails are mapped in the middle.
If you open the mesh in Milkshape and assigne a material to it you can view the uvmap.
Then you can decide if you like to move the parts.
I have a few difrent setups of the uvmap, i used those on more complicated meshes were there wasn't any space left on the original spot(like in your case)
But you need to view them in Milkshape/uvmap to decide wich one to pick or how to solve your problem.
I did included 2 female feet meshes, one with both feet mapped on the left side and one mapped with them on the right side.
The toenails are mapped on the same spot as the fingernails, so no worries about those!
Just use one of those if you can not figure it out. Smiley
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 02:54:14 am by BlooM » Logged

No longer active
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: