Insimenator.org
April 20, 2024, 07:22:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17
  Print  
Author Topic: Links to TS2&EP hacks:More Critical AL EP8 FIXES;InTeen info NEW 1/1/09  (Read 145775 times)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic.
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: January 01, 2008, 05:48:12 pm »

I really don't have a clue as to the two last posts. If, indeed, they are related to Squinge's mods the link given us by Sadie and listed in the first post still works if one wants to grab one of the Hack Mastuh's hacks.

There is also a beautiful caveat that someone has magically added to this section (I know I never did as I just don't know how to post a red font!!!!). The warning is quite clear that if one wants to play with Squinge one must know for certain that it is at his own risk.

Happy New Year all! I guess it's time for an early Spring cleaning of this thread as a new EP disaster is on its way!!!!!

Joey the Whinernator

http://www.insimenator.net/
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: January 01, 2008, 07:46:32 pm »

Well... it was there a few days ago, but I guess now that it's really old news that the announcement expired.  :dontknow:  Here's what I was talking about, though.  It's just a regular sticky in the WCIF forum now.  Wink

jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: January 02, 2008, 03:49:23 pm »

Tenshii, you are remarkably patient, more patient than I.

Ducks, if you are reading these posts you would see that mine states quite clearly that the link to Squinge's work supplied by Sadie in the first post of this thread still works.

Tenshii's linked BBB thread is there to make you aware that Squinge's Mods are no longer available on the InSimenator Site and therefore are no longer supported.

I would guess that the only independent link to Squinge's remarkable mods is available in the FIRST POST of this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ducks, are you familiar with King Lear?Huh??

Joey the Whinernator

Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: January 02, 2008, 04:52:45 pm »

:laugh:  :rofl:  I see that now,  jinyc.  Of course, you have a reason to have less than me, since all the info is right there... and then some.  :lol:  I guess this is where "reading is fundamental" comes into play.  :smile bi:

jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: January 03, 2008, 02:47:02 pm »

Ducks, I am sorry if I seemed abrupt.

FYI, all of the info in the first post of this thread pertains to all EPs....really! As far as Squinge's mods are concerned, they are more likely to be readily compatible with OFB than with later mods; although, Squinge did tweak some for Seasons.

Miss Doh, Sadie, Ancienthighway et al. made it a point to check what of Squinge's would make the shift into Bon Voyage. The Mastuh's mods should work with OFB. Just look for the ones that have OFB in their naming. Those will definitely work!

Shakespeare? Indeed! The quote I was hinting at, ahem, is "None are so blind as they those who will not see!"
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 02:49:17 pm by jinyc » Logged

Joey the Whinernator

jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: February 02, 2008, 04:22:07 pm »

I am amazed and gratified that this thread has surpassed the 20,000 mark. Thanks so much!

Joey the Whinernator

maniac19642003
« Reply #81 on: February 13, 2008, 06:58:12 pm »

I posted this earlier in another thread, but I wanted to post it here as well for you Joey:

Bon Voyage patch
The second Bon Voyage patch has been released. It's strangely enough not to be found on the Sims2.com however. For those that can't wait, get it here: Gamershell.com
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: February 14, 2008, 01:40:44 pm »

Mark, I am concerned that it is not available on the TS2 Site. Maybe it was there and removed becuase it may causes more problems than not?Huh? We need more info before making it official.

Joey the Whinernator

maniac19642003
« Reply #83 on: February 14, 2008, 08:29:33 pm »

Cant remember if this is the first patch or not, but this is whats listed right now for the BV patch at ts2

* Sims will no longer have the option to call vacation service NPCs after acquiring the business perk "Head for Numbers" which was causing a crash.
    * Sims will no longer have the option to "Call Taxi" using their cell phones if they have driven to the community lot with an own-able vehicle which was causing a crash.
    * If the Sim misses the shuttle, it will no longer return to a vacation lot without the Sim at the end of the vacation. Sometimes, this caused the vacation lot to become unusable.
    * Game will no longer create new vacation NPCs each time a lot is visited which was causing many issues due to character file overload. Any existing extra NPCs will be unlinked and their character files greatly reduced in size.
    * Periodic Events Controller will no longer loop twice per hour through each neighbor which was causing extreme lag on certain machines.
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: February 15, 2008, 12:39:41 pm »

Mark, I know that the first patch fixed the NPC problem but I am not certain about the others. Hopefully, someone can enlighten us. The link is still there in the PATCH SECTION for the BV Patch. I have not changed it to read Patch 2 but it links to the same quotes that you posted here.

I just ran it and it says that EP6 is already updated for my game so I am thinking that they still have not posted the new PATCH on thier Site.

Joey the Whinernator

Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 16, 2008, 01:13:47 pm »

Well, I gather from other sources that it is the official second patch, just that EA don't want to host it themselves yet for some reason (maybe to cover their arses in case that one messes up?)

This is the list of fixes for this one:

- Housekeeper no longer repeatedly spawns.
- Children will no longer go on a vacation alone if their parent dies before van arrives.
- Riverblossomhills townies will no longer be invisible when The Sims 2 Seasons is uninstalled.
- Sims no longer pop out of hammock when WooHoo is rejected.
- Sims no longer get stuck during logrolling when trying to exit while another is entering.
- Undo and Redo can now be used on ClubCubes.
- Vacation guests no longer leave when a party at a vacation home ends.
- Locals now change back into native outfits after exiting water.
- Housekeeper now fills holes and fixes broken objects.
- Housekeeper now repairs servo.
- Sims no longer fall in love while chatting in a tent.

Direct link

No requests please
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: February 16, 2008, 01:44:33 pm »

Sadie, TA for the heads up!

I am going to be a stubborn brat and not link to the new Patch until the officious official "arses" at TS2 host it on the main Site.

As far as these fixes go, they don't seem to be particularly important ones. I am curious about the housekeeper repeatedly spawning. I haven't noticed that ever and I do check my characters folder repeatedly since the BV regen started.

Joey the Whinernator

maniac19642003
« Reply #87 on: February 16, 2008, 03:04:54 pm »

Quote from: jinyc;1138916
I am going to be a stubborn brat and not link to the new Patch until the officious official "arses" at TS2 host it on the main Site.

Its in our nature to be stubborn Joey, we're both 9/8 Virgos so I know lol, tho I wouldn't get this patch either unless it was on the official site so I don't blame you for that one and apparently, they still aren't hosting it on their site yet either cuz I just checked.
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: February 16, 2008, 09:25:27 pm »

Mark, it makes me very suspicious. It also makes me rethink my weakness towards buying EP7. I just can't make out what Maxis' problem is!

Joey the Whinernator

Cleo999

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 18, 2008, 03:07:17 pm »

Many thanks for this useful thread! I had to format my pc and you helped my in recovering almost all the stuff the game needs the most. You're great!!! :worship::worship::worship:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17
  Print  

Jump to: