Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 06:23:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 55
  Print  
Author Topic: Between the Light and the Darknes ~~~Chapter 34 - The End~~~  (Read 218426 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« on: September 15, 2007, 01:54:37 pm »

Okay, I'm really nervous.  This is my first story here, and I'm hoping people will like it.  I have my own webpage, but would like to have a bit more exposure.  I'm a novice both at storytelling and picture taking, but I'm learning.  Please feel free to critique, good or bad, but if it's bad, please say so nicely.  I have a fragile ego and bruise easily. Wink

What would you do if reality as you knew it ceased to exist?  If you were suddenly plunged into a realm populated with strange beings?  A realm where there was a struggle between good and evil; light and darkness?  Can't happen, you say?  Tim Mitchell would have to disagree with you.

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4 - Part 1
Chapter 4 - Part 2
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13 - The Grand Tournament
Chapter 14
Chapter 15 - Introduction to Evil
Chapter 16 - Truth and Consequences
Chapter 17
Chapter 18 - The Ritual
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24 - When Evil Spreads
Chapter 25
Chapter 26 - Caught
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29 - The Showdown Begins
Chapter 30
Chapter 31 - The Showdown Part 2
Chapter 32 - The Showdown Part 3
Chapter 33 - The Showdown - Conclusion
Chapter 34 - The End

Between the Light and the Darkness - Chapter 1

The smell of frying ham and eggs filled Tim's small apartment, waking him from his bear-like slumber. His stomach growled fiercly, reminding him it had been hours since his last meal.

Rising from his bed, he ambled towards the stairs, taking a few minutes to give his stocky Mastiff a rub on the tummy.

"Morning, Bones,". The big dog lay there, tongue lolling out of his mouth.

"Why don't you bring yourself back a girlfriend?" Gertie called from the kitchen.

Bones cocked his head to the side, righted himself, and galloped down the stairs into the kitchen. Apparently, he thought he was going to get some scraps. Knowing Gertie, Bones would be making out like a bandit.

Tim peered over Gertie's shoulder. The sight of sizzling ham made his mouth water.

"But Gertie, you know you're the only woman for me," Tim said with a wink.

"You don't go out enough. Young boy like you should be getting tons of dates. You spend too much time working and cooping yourself up in this tiny apartment."

"I go on plenty of dates. In fact I had one just last, uh, last..."

"Last year, Timothy."

Tim groaned. He hated it when she used his full name.

"Okay, so maybe it's been awhile, but so many of the women I meet are so phoney. 'Oh, Tim, are my nails okay? Does my hair look alright? Does this dress make me look fat?' "

Gertie couldn't help but laugh. "Timmy, my boy, you are such a fool."

"I know, but you love me anyway, don't you?" He said, snatching a piece of ham right out of the skillet.

"You betcha," she said, slapping his hand away and setting the table. Tim didn't know what he would ever do without her. She was employed as his housekeeper, but she also acted as a best friend and mother to him.

"I would just like a girl with some depth. One with hopes and dreams and...a personality."

"It's slim pickin's out there, Timmy, maybe you shouldn't be so picky."

"Why Timothy Mitchell! You're going to tie your stomach in knots eating like that."

Tim stood, grabbing his car keys.

"Goodbye, Gertie. Don't spoil that dog too much."

"Oh, I won't. Would Bonesy Wonsey like some yummy steak scraps? Would he?"

Bones barked excitedly and wagged his tail so fast it became a blur.

"Did someone mention steak?" Tim drooled at the thought.

"Yes, sir."

"Gertie, you're too good to me."

"Goodbye, Timmy. And don't forget to bring yourself home a girlfriend."

"You said that already."

"Some things bear repeating, dear."

Tim arrived home absolutely ravenous. Of course, working in construction and Gertie's home cooking always did that to him.

He decided to take Bones out for a jog while Gertie put the finishing touches on dinner.

He stepped off the corner of 12th and Main...

...into another world.

What the...
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 03:04:32 pm by Astral Faery » Logged

Visit me on my blog - Astral Faery's Magical Tales
-For some awesome reading try SimTales:  http://simtalesblog.blogspot.com/
-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
Hidden~Secret

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2007, 05:09:58 pm »

wow great story name pulled me right in

If you waist time then you can't get that waisted time back no matter how hard you try.
(used to be ShiningStarSim)
kaitco

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2007, 06:11:25 pm »

Ooh! Well done! I am already intrigued. Smiley

DorienneSmith.com ~ where life finds meaning...or at least, that is what I claim

rachel631

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2007, 05:12:11 pm »

That was really unexpected! So many stories are so similar... good, but similar... but yours is really interesting! Looking forward to more. :angel:
vickylougrl

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2007, 05:45:25 pm »

Whoa!  Very cool!  I'm hooked!

Coptic Text
Now, when you come under their power, one of them who is the overseer will say to you: "Who are you, and where are you from?"

You are then to say to him, "I am a child of humanity and I am from the Source."
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2007, 11:06:14 am »

Wow!  Thanks, guys!  Since you like it, I'll try to get part 2 up by the end of the week.  Thanks for your compliments! Smiley

-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
vickylougrl

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2007, 11:39:33 am »

Astral Faery I can't wait for more of this must remember to stay away from the corner of 12th and main...

Coptic Text
Now, when you come under their power, one of them who is the overseer will say to you: "Who are you, and where are you from?"

You are then to say to him, "I am a child of humanity and I am from the Source."
YHsims2003

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2007, 06:45:46 pm »

oooooooooo, very cool. where did Bones go? haha
cant wait for the next update!

:snorting: My Spiffy Thread
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2007, 01:30:26 pm »

Thanks for your compliments, everyone.  They really make my day.  Forgive me for using one of the same pictures as in Chapter 1, but I changed the format of story just a tad and didn't have a replacement.

Between the Light and the Darkness - Chapter 2

Tim surveyed his new surroundings.  It looked like he would imagine Hell to look.  It was red all around, and a sulfurous smell lingered in the air. Black tarry puddles were scattered here and there, with slowly churning liquid. Not water, but a thick, tar-like substance.

One of the puddles was churning more than the others. Tim jumped back as something abruptly broke the liquid's surface.

Tim stood aghast, as a horrible demon rose from the depths of the pool.

To say the beast was hideous would be an understatement. Tim watched, rooted to his spot, as the creature continued to lift itself out of the pool.

It scowled at him. Tim felt icy shivers all along his spine, and tried to fight his terror.

The demon closed his eyes as if he were concentrating. This couldn't be good.

Sneering, the demon looked at his hand, where an orb-like object appeared. Finally, Tim managed to turn and run, but it was too late.

He only got a few steps when an agonizing pain sliced through his brain. It was so intense it sent spots before his eyes. He fell to his knees as the world started slipping away.

The last thing he saw before he blacked out was the demon's face leering over him.

When he woke up, he was sitting in a chair surrounded by odd looking people. 'No, not people!' he thought panickingly. His heart beat spastically in his chest, thumping hard against his ribs. They were...creatures! Nothing like he had ever seen before.

He was violently jerked out of his chair and his wrists were pinned behind his back. He was aware of one of these...persons standing behind him, claws scraping against his skin. It took the majority of Tim's strength to not scream and fight in a mad frenzy. He was outnumbered here, being combative would only make things worse.

Tim noticed an elegant chair sitting immediately before him. 'A throne fit for a king...' he thought wildly. His shirt and forehead were soaked with sweat and his legs threatened to buckle. He locked his knees, took a deep shakey breath and tried to maintain the little composure he had.

The two figures he could see without turning his head, which he dared not do, bowed low to the ground.

A moment later, another being entered the room. He was elegantly dressed, and held a regal disposition, surveying the bowing figures in front of him. Tim surmised that he could only be the ruler of this place.

Tim was roughly forced to his knees.

The king stared silently at Tim for a moment before the creatures rose. One of them approached the throne. Tim was pulled back up to his feet. He didn't know how long he could stand there before he passed out. The fog had finally lifted from his brain, but its departure left him feeling weak and dizzy.

The creature had a heated discussion with the king, all the while glancing in Tim's direction. The language was harsh and gutteral, made up of sounds that came from deep within the throat.

The king was obviously displeased. He waved his hands impatiently at the courtmember and glared at Tim one final time before he sat back in his throne, waiting for his bidding to be carried out.

Tim was abruptly wheeled around and pushed toward a set of double doors that led out of the throne room. The creature walked quickly, and Tim had to walk fast in order to not be pushed down in front of it. When he stumbled once, he felt the creature's grip on his wrists tighten. Its claws dug into his arm as it lifted him slightly to keep him from falling. Tim could have sworn he felt the bones in his wrists cracking.

Finally, it stopped in front of a door. The creature fumbled through a ring of keys and opened it. Tim barely got a glance at the interior before he was shoved inside.

He lost his footing and tripped, landing on his face. The door slammed shut and he heard the sound of muffled laughter from the hall beyond.

He suddenly realized that he was exhausted. The abrupt arrival to...wherever and the demon...the strange people who were not at all human, all the forceful handling by the guard, and not to mention the full day of work he had put in before any of this even happened, took their toll.

Maybe I'll just lie here and die... he thought. Then realized that was ridiculous.

He felt soft hands gently rolling him over, while a voice as beautiful as the tinkling of tiny bells filled the air around him.

Finally! A human face! What a sight for sore eyes! And not just any human face - a delicately featured female face of unearthly beauty stared back at him. A cascade of thick silver-white hair fell over her slim shoulders and framed her lovely face. Large, soulful eyes, laced with concern, blinked at him. Lucious lips formed a slight smile as she looked down upon him. In fact, the more he thought about it, the more he realized that she wasn't human at all.

She was surely an angel, sent to carry him out of here. She tucked some of her lustrous hair behind her pointed ear...that's odd. She has pointed ears. Yep. Couldn't be human. Clearly the face of an angel. Clearly, he was hallucinating. What a way to go. He was ready. He gave his angel a weak smile before he passed out.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2007, 11:06:40 am by Astral Faery » Logged

vickylougrl

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2007, 02:23:22 pm »

ooh astral great update love it so far!

Coptic Text

RainyStorm

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2007, 11:39:03 am »

Whoa this is totally different. You character creations are really good.I wonder where this is going. I really think that for being new at this you are doing a great job.You are superb at setting a scene and your descriptive vocabulary is great. Do you have a sim page? If so post a link and I will go and give it 5*s. I would also like to bookmark your simpage if these stories are there so I can look for future chapters. If not I will just subscribe to this thread.

Rock on or Roll off
[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2007, 12:51:21 pm »

Thank you, Vicky, for reading my update.  Your continued support gives me the incentive to forge ahead!  Looks like I better get part 3 up pretty soon.

BBB - you just made my day!  Thank you for your kind words.  You have no idea how much it means to me.  I'll have to add my webpage to my signiture.

playslackert

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2007, 05:20:21 pm »

I like this story. It id different from a lot of stories I read. I will definetly be checking back for more updates!

http://www.myspace.com/unbelievableblue.com Cheesy

I am pretty, but I am not beautiful. I sin, but I'm not the devil. I am good, but I'm not an angel.
~Marilyn Monroe
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2007, 09:55:07 am »

Thank you, playslakert!  I appreciate the feedback.

Fercho

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2007, 09:12:18 pm »

Ohhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! This story is fantastic!! really original and cool.... now, I´m hooked Wink

Fercho´s  SPIDER TRAP
 - A psychological thriller with sims - RATED R
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 55
  Print  

Jump to: