Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 06:34:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: No custom content?  (Read 4719 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Nita-Chan

View Profile
« on: December 25, 2007, 08:48:52 pm »

Okay.  Here's my story: I have 3.1k things of custom content, and only about 1/8 of them work.  Not even 1/8, actually. D;  My default skins don't work, my custom skins won't show (unless I downloaded them from a Sim), a select few of Bruno's eyes are appearing, and all of my custom previews look awful. (I attached a picture of CAS to show you.)  I downloaded other clothes, too, but they're not working.  Here's the funny part:  while all of the files are there, it's like they're invisible.  I downloaded some of my other clothes that I previously had from Adele Sims to see if they'd work, and they do.  Since I had them before (I downloaded them from a Sim and they were there), I figured that I'd have to prompt WinRAR to unzip the contents since I already had some of them, but I didn't.  What's with that?  Please help me~! D;  I want to play so baaaad~!

Things to Know:
--I spelled "Downloads" right.
--I deleted my groups.cache and restarted.
--I'm enabling custom content.
--I'm allowing CC to be shown in the catalog.
--Build mode's CC works, all of it.  At least the thumbnails do.
--Everything that doesn't need a mesh is working--eyebrows, makeup, certain clothes, etc.
--I reinstalled the game and now even the build mode stuff doesn't work.

I'm sort of upset that nothing's working. u___u  Can anyone help me out, please?

*attached image removed*
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 11:53:02 am by caffeinated.joy » Logged
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2007, 08:58:55 pm »

Is the Downloads folder spelled correctly?  (Capital "D" at the beginning, lowercase "s" at the end)  :scratch:

If that isn't the case, you may want to delete your Groups.cache file, move your CC to a "spare" folder, then try to gradually add it all back in, testing the game out each time you add in a small group.  :angel:

Nita-Chan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2007, 09:21:15 pm »

Quote from: Tenshii~Akari;1075832
Is the Downloads folder spelled correctly?  (Capital "D" at the beginning, lowercase "s" at the end)  :scratch:

If that isn't the case, you may want to delete your Groups.cache file, move your CC to a "spare" folder, then try to gradually add it all back in, testing the game out each time you add in a small group.  :angel:

Yepyep.  I'll do the groups.cache thing, though. :0  I'll see what happens. n_n  Thank you!

Should I restart my computer when I delete it, though?
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2007, 09:38:06 pm »

No, the game will boot up just fine.  No need to restart.  Wink

Nita-Chan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2007, 09:42:22 pm »

Mii...that's strange.  It doesn't seem to want to boot up.

That's not too big a deal for right now, as I am, yet again, downloading custom content.  I hope it loads up when I want to play, though. ; n;
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2007, 09:48:42 pm »

Well... in that case, if you tried deleting the Groups.cache file (and the Accessory.cache), you may want to restart.  :lol:  Might be that the game wants a little more memory... I have that happen to me from time to time, even though I have over 2GB of RAM and virtual memory working on my laptop.  :angel:

Nita-Chan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2007, 09:52:21 pm »

Ha~!  Likewise, except mine's a desktop. xD  

Accessory, too?  Okie doke, I'll try that and restart when I get all my good stuffs downloaded. o wo; -pets-  Finally found the Sim I wanted~  yessss~

-edit-

Just tried it; still nothing.  Hm...would a collection file have anything to do with this?  I downloaded one.  I think it might have something to do with it, because I've never had this problem until I downloaded it. ; w;
« Last Edit: December 25, 2007, 10:12:20 pm by Nita-Chan » Logged
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2007, 10:51:47 pm »

I'm not really sure... but you could try moving that collection file into the collections folder to see what happens.  :dontknow:

Nita-Chan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2007, 11:24:34 pm »

That's where it was in the first place. ; n;  I just deleted it now.  I think I might have something wrong in my CC folder, so I'll just clear it out.  And then I'll try my CC that I accumulated over a lengthy period of time from my old computer, see if that helps anything. >w>;  Which it probably will not,  but I can try.

...and it did not! DD:  Maaaan~!  I hope I won't have to re-install everything, but I'll do that if I have to.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 07:24:09 pm by Nita-Chan » Logged
simcat06

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2008, 05:02:05 am »

Hallelujah!!...Im having EXACTLY the same problem!!!
My custom furniture is in the buy mode and I have my downloaded houses, yet when I go to make a family, no clothes, hair or make-up downloads are there!!....Yet a sim from my old laptop onto my new one is on my game, and she has custom hair, makeup and clothes!!...Do you know what is the problem??

*EDIT*
I found out, that all my lose package files, they show up in the custom window at the beginning, but not my downloads that are in folders with the name of the creator on it. Is that meant to be like that

*EDIT*
Ive just done the MTS2 Wiki article http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:GCCTSU and I did everything the way it told me to, and its the same, the lighting, wall, floor and bedding work, but the female sim, the male t-shirt and the hair dont work!!!

Im going to uninstall my sims, and reinstall it.....damn thing!!....

*EDIT*
Ive just uninstalled, and reinstalled it....still not working!!!...Ive sent a e-mail to eagames, I will tell you if they come back to me with help that works!!...lol
« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 01:04:37 pm by simcat06 » Logged

Check out my new house 24 Maple Drive Here :rabbit:
Nita-Chan

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2008, 12:49:00 am »

my game started working again last month.  i have no idea how.  however, my computer itself stopped working.  (piece of crap; i just got it and it's screwing up NOW?) i took it in to get it fixed two weeks ago and wanted to make a Sims movie now, so i installed everything again, did what i did before, and it's STILL not working.  i'm sooo maaad.  i wish i knew how i fixed it before. D;
Nita-Chan

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2008, 10:44:37 am »

bumping this back up after not looking at it or getting replies for quite some time. o wo;;

-updates first page again-
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2008, 02:17:16 pm »

That doesn't look like custom content problems... that looks more like a corrupted objects.package file.  :shock:  I had something extremely similar happening in Bodyshop and in game.  Eh... I hate to say it, but you might want to break out all of your game discs... you may need to replace all of the object.package files for each EP you have just to make sure you've fixed the right one.  Here's a tutorial on MTS2 that might help you in this case.  :angel:  

If that doesn't work, you might have to re-install like I did.  :?

Nita-Chan

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2008, 03:16:11 pm »

but that only fixes the issues with my textures, right?  o no;;;  i'll try it though. >w<  i hope it helps my cc problem, too. o 3o;;

and i can't seem to find it. u___u  do you know where it would be on BV? the objects folder, right? but my disk doesn't have one. o wo
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 03:38:09 pm by Nita-Chan » Logged
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2008, 09:56:23 pm »

It's not in the compressed.zip file like all the other EPs?  I'm not quite sure exactly where else it would be.  I don't have BV, so I wouldn't know exactly where to look.  Sorry.  :dontknow:

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: