Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 01:38:55 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12
  Print  
Author Topic: Apartment Life- EP 8?  (Read 61654 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
fftamfan

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: June 07, 2008, 01:05:49 am »

If securom is such an issue getting this new ep or the previous eps with securom, just wait till a nocd.exe is released then buy it. As long as you don't run the "original" executable securom won't install on your pc, simple.
ZiltzWiltz
« Reply #106 on: June 07, 2008, 07:26:57 pm »

I am so not ready for The Sims 3. I feel like the original Sims was around WAY longer than The Sims 2 has been. It still feels fresh and new to me, even though I bought it as soon as it came out. They are definitley moving way too fast with the Sims 3. Kind of depressing.
wake.the.sun

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 08, 2008, 04:09:42 pm »

So friggen excited for this EP! Cheesy
simpleprincess
Princess in training.

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 09, 2008, 08:44:40 am »

What is securom? how will it affect me?
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: June 09, 2008, 08:55:19 am »

http://securom.sublimesims.net/ (non-tech terms)

http://securom.mustbedestroyed.org/phorum/index.php (more tech terms)

Go to the above links.  They show you a lot of valuable information you need to know, and what EA and Sony refuse to admit happens on a good amount of machine configurations.  :angel:
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 08:57:45 am by Tenshii~Akari » Logged

Xylune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: June 09, 2008, 08:57:23 am »

I was very excited about this ep until I read up on the version of securom they're using.  Even without the ten day registration crap there's still the problem of it destroying our computer functionality on top of this "limited installation" shit.

If I want disposable games I'll pick up free demo discs at my local game store.  I travel so I install my sims games on both my desktop and laptop computers, so that's two installs down right off the bat, plus when I upgrade to another system or if something goes wrong that requires a reinstall, such as hard system crashes (which happens a lot to the average consumer!)

I expect my games to work unless broken.  Having to buy new copies because the company is being anal and trying to sell me a product with no significant lifespan is unacceptable.  They're blindly shooting bullets and hitting their loyal and legitimate customers while utterly missing the intended target.  This won't hurt the pirates, it will hurt the law abiding consumers.

Visit my site for original fantasy fiction (Warning: my stories include male/male romance)
Beyond the Ninth Wave
sumpsychochic

Tiffany

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 09, 2008, 06:59:52 pm »

Will the digital download still have that minimum install? Because for all the EPs I've bought online, there is something else you can buy with it to have the ability to download it as many times as you want for 2 years.

tacos
« Reply #112 on: June 15, 2008, 08:47:06 pm »

i read the apartment life is for nintendo dst... whatever it is. totally gay. i was looking forward to apartments for my sims
twoftmama

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 16, 2008, 08:19:34 am »

Quote from: tacos;1277301
i read the apartment life is for nintendo dst... whatever it is. totally gay. i was looking forward to apartments for my sims

There are 2 versions. One for the Nintendo DS, a handheld game system, and one for PC.

kevida97

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 18, 2008, 12:43:41 pm »

Okay, so we now have Apartment Life that has some elements of Makin' Magic. If this is the last EP then so be it but I would not object to there being a Super Star tribute in TS2. Heck I'd like to see Drew Carey make a return to The Sims franchise!

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!
TashaFaun

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 18, 2008, 08:50:07 pm »

Quote from: tacos;1277301

*Pulls hair out* why does the younger generation INSIST on using such a disgusting, foul-mouthed and bigoted term to denote something being stupid/silly/dumb?? There are literally thousands of other words one could use to get their point across. Personally using that term in such a way tells me how ignorant the person is.
kevida97

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 19, 2008, 10:19:04 am »

Quote from: TashaFaun;1279270
*Pulls hair out* why does the younger generation INSIST on using such a disgusting, foul-mouthed and bigoted term to denote something being stupid/silly/dumb?? There are literally thousands of other words one could use to get their point across. Personally using that term in such a way tells me how ignorant the person is.

Unfortunately that's the way young people get thier point across. Mine was "the f-bomb" or using God's name in vain when I was younger. I do agree though that the use of a bigoted term is wrong!
Okay now let's get back to the subject!

AlbinoBambi

A.k.a. Ilse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: June 20, 2008, 11:51:22 am »

Hey hey, not all young people do that! Tongue

Anyways, just reallyreally hope AL comes with the version of SecuRom that FT en BV also have, and not the newer one.

Why can't life be like The Sims, where you can control someone with just one click?

TashaFaun

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 20, 2008, 07:37:07 pm »

No thats very true there are some young people are have enough brains to realize how wrong it is but unfortunetly they are in the minority.
kevida97

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 24, 2008, 11:44:44 am »

Back to the subject... Smiley

It looks like Apartment Life (AL) will have only a minor aspect of Super Star (SS) in that your Sim in AL will get a "reputation score" that seems to work in a similar way that "Star Power" worked in SS. It's sad to think that's what Makin' Magic and Super Star have become in TS2. Sad
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 11:47:23 am by kevida97 » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12
  Print  

Jump to: