Insimenator.org
April 23, 2024, 08:38:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Sims 2 and Discrimination... these two don't mix.  (Read 11767 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
eccentricgnat

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2008, 03:22:39 pm »

I suppose we all say things sometimes that come out wrong. I know I do.

I play the sims much the way my family and my husbands family are and is.  When we get together, with his family, it looks like a wonderful rainbow of everyone.   I am not exaggerating. It has been wonderful because now when I get to see my own wonderful older daughter and really cool son-in-law...I get to see more rainbow. And my grandkids are so beautiful.  So our personal family picture is made up of lots of blond haired, and American Indian (me) type folks, and Japanese. I wouldn't trade any of it or them. So I agree, the world has changed from when I was young, and I am one of the lucky ones to have so many folks, from so many cultures, make up my family, and make up who my kids and grandkids are.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2008, 09:00:31 am »

People fear change and the unknown, so they do that. It is sad how much the world had changed. I grew up in the 70s and 80s when we used to play outside with kids in the neighborhood and used to worry about little things like toys, candy, tv shows and the like. Nothing like what kids worry about today.

Discrimination is an -awful- experience for anybody to go through no matter who they are, whether they're of different colors, disabilities, backgrounds, religions and the like.

Sims 2 is supposed to be a fun game for anybody to play however they want. To have someone come in to dictate how these people should play the game is bad.. Very bad. If anyone comes in to tell me how I should play my game, I do what I am good at.. Turn a deaf ear on that person!

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Amira

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2008, 09:23:30 pm »

Thanks Tenshii for this post.

I remember when I posted my Muslim Sim family on INSIM, everyone loved them and I got back up from the community. When other simmers saw interest and decided to make Islamic clothing, there was a few idiots on here throwing a fit. The sad part is I'm sure it was an active member or a guest who made a new "sn" with only 1 post to bash my religion and the clothing. What an idiot I thought. Do we honestly have to play the game to their liking? MTS2 is OMG I hate that site really. They allow members to bash your religions,sex,etc... I wanted to post my Muslim Sim family there and when I said " I'll report anyone who bashes my religion and sims" MTS2 said I was "threating" members! WTF. Anyway, love you Tenshii!and thanks for opening up this topic.

Also know as, "amar_el7ob". And I know I had more than 300+ post on the old Insim site :|
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2008, 10:11:10 pm »

:angel:  Glad to do so.  To be honest, I wanted to do something like this for a while, but I couldn't get the words right... then it all suddenly hit me when a good friend of mine confided in me because of a racial remark aimed towards them.  I guess pent up frustration over it all just helped me to form something that's coherent to say the least.  :lol:

Seems like everyone has brought up good points with this issue.  Remain quiet and ignore them, outsmart said offender without use of normal anger, ...  It'll work in certain situations, that's for sure.  Just attacking them back in the same exact manner they did you doesn't do anything but make everyone else that's onlooking get p'ed off and add more fuel to flames.  Then everything goes down the drain, people get banned, and threads get locked/deleted.  Seen it happen on a certain small gaming forum that's long gone now, but I'm sure it's going on just as heavy somewhere.  :?

I actually met someone from school that was in the computer lab the other day who liked to start stuff online just for the heck of it.  (mainly on the notorious YouTube, but on MySpace, Facebook, and a few small forums she frequently lurks in.)  She said that people love drama, and love to be the center of it even more at times.  When she gets bored, she tries to ruffle other people's feathers so she can have something to keep her occupied while on the net.  She even said it's funnier when people just degrade down into 6-year-olds and go back and forth with name-calling and cussing (which is almost un-6-year-oldish where I'm from), then unintelligible and off-topic babble follows.  I asked her if she had anything else better to do on the internet than that... and she simply replied, "Not really.  And if I did, it ain't as fun as this."  If that just isn't sick, then there's a problem.  She has a really odd sense of humor... :roll:
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 10:13:41 pm by Tenshii~Akari » Logged

Spongity

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2008, 03:34:06 pm »

Well, your friend has a point, Tenshii, that drama on the internet starts quickly and escalates even quicker. And when that drama does start, people tend to resort to 6-year-old-ness. I sometimes think that people enjoy the stupid drama, but I don't think anyone likes the kind of drama that involves racial, ethnic, or religious slurs. When it is the stupid kind of drama, though, people often take that waayyyy too seriously, and I'll admit that sometimes it can be a laugh to watch that. I doubt I'd ever go out of my way to start that, though, and anyone who does has way too much time on their hands XD

My Flickr-Updated 5/26
My Picture Thread-Updated 6/26
"Michael always says K.I.S.S, Keep It Simple Stupid. Great advice, hurts my feelings every time."-Dwight Schrute
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2008, 04:40:03 am »

It's jealousy Marie. Some people feel threaten by others creativity and imagination. I would consider it flattery, cause people like that cannot reply to your threads or videos in positive manner. Misery loves itself and nobody else.

I love your videos, Marie! Please don't pull them!  I love all the work everyone do here. The diversity teaches me something new everyday, I am in awe at everyones creativity! Teaches me also! Wink

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
geezy33

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2008, 02:53:35 pm »

I was attacked by some Nazi sim Creator, bout my Sims being black or whatever race I have in my game.
I've been Critized about how I made clothing cuz they feel the cloths I had on my females was messed up, I didn't care wit they think of my work.
T, I really agree wit everything here, this is why I will never upload to MTS2 for the way they attack and treat people about how THEY want u to make or play your game.
I'm a Strong person, no matter what people say or think of your work, keep going, everyway u go, someone alwayz got to say something hateful.
I  love it here, I feel warm love at this site, cuz the people are so nice,  this site is a quiet place to share or post pics of your sims.
So to creators out there, keep doing your work the way u pleases to do.
As a Artist and graphic designer, I got alot of respect for u all......

God bless ya'll

Sorry no requests,I'm a townie maker and Maxis killer on maxis sims.
Welcome to Geezysims2:lurk:
mamasimk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2008, 02:01:06 pm »

After reading all the posts, I just wanted to say I agree with you. I was raised that all people are of one race -HUMAN- and are all equal. Maybe it is odd, but true for me. My own family is a mix of white, black,mexican, asian and others I can't even remember. My sims live peacefully with all other sims and marry other sims without regard to skin color or whatever,and I wish the real world could be the same. I feel bad that some people do not like anothers sims or creations because of their own ignorance.My own sims game is a mix of skintones and body shapes, clothing styles and sexual preferences, maybe it is a dreamworld, but maybe that's also why I call my custom neighborhood Dreamland.
Lorreign

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2008, 07:32:26 pm »

Ok so, let me be blunt (and I'm in no way trying to be offensive or anything) but I'm white. So, as a child, I played with white barbies. When I play the sims, a majority of my sims (not all, I've got some other varieties in there as well) are also white. It's not a racist thing at all, it's just what I'm comfortable with. I don't even think about it, it just always happens that way. And frankly, to anyone who might be concerned, if the way I play my game offends you...I'm sorry, but it's my game. And that's all there is to it.

See I think we are somewhat programmed to hate. It's like it's hardwired in our systems. It's stronger in some, and weakest in others. Some people grasp straws just for the sake of fighting. You just gotta let it roll over you while you just roll your eyes at them.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 07:35:41 pm by Lorreign » Logged
AlbinoBambi

A.k.a. Ilse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2008, 12:04:27 pm »

Lol the funny thing with me is, I hardly ever have a sims family of all-whites. I'm white myself, but I'm redhead-white which means I turn red in the sun and never get a decent tan, so I always wished I was darker.
Honestly what I love most is mixing races, my sims couples (nearly) never have the same skin color. And I've always had this odd weakness for dark guys, dunno why. Also was really happy with all my dark-skinned Barbies because they looked different from the other ones in the store so they were cool! Still prefer the darker ones, so yeah. xD

It's really all a matter of personal tastes combined with upbringing. I just stick to the believe that you shouldn't force your ideas on others, and you should always stay respectful and polite (not that I always am, but you get the idea Tongue).

Why can't life be like The Sims, where you can control someone with just one click?

hjkjr2

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2008, 05:15:41 pm »

I think that there is too much self hate out there, that gets turned outward toward others.  If they can find a way to think they're better than someone else, they feel better for awhile.  But it doesn't last, because they're not facing their underlying issues, so they have to do it some more.  It's fear of the different (that they think makes THEM less) because they have no real self respect, which keeps them from having any empathy for others.  
Wouldn't the world be so boring if everyone were just the same?  Hang in there folks, Karma is real, and what goes around comes around Cheesy
(personally, I greatly admire all the Sims artists whose work I've seen, and truly hope that no one gets discouraged by the fearful or jealous creepies out there)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 05:22:38 pm by hjkjr2 » Logged
HollyD1983

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2008, 06:25:05 pm »

I think these people who are insulting others for playing the game LIKE REALITY are just disgusting,there are millions upon millions of wonderful,happy interracial couples and marriages out there(I am a product of one:happy8:)I agree with the sentiment that many of these people truly have nothing better to do,my Simmies' hood is a very diverse place,with every race and color of Sim imaginable,all married to one another,I have generation five children who represent the African,Mexican,Italian,German,English,Gypsy and Chinese cultures all in one package(their parents are all interracial)they are amongst my most unique and special Sims,my interracial couples are the most interesting,especially after a few generations,then you can begin to see all of the features blend into one,the world would be a very boring and uninteresting place if we were all restricted to marrying within our race,that's why my game is so diverse,I always thought playing a pc game was just supposed to be a hobby,not yet another soap box to promote your antiquated values,it seems like people are trying to inject hatred into the game,and I am sure the creators and developers never intended that:sad4:Another thing that disturbs me is how people are using the game as a venue of violence by killing Sims just to be funny,especially when people ask how to kill babies and toddlers

Lover of lederhosen
Karla!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2008, 12:36:01 am »

im so glad somebody had the courage to post somthing about this terrible
[and sad] going on not only in our lives..but in everybody's lives
around the world. i admire you so much tenshii because you know how and when to say things [in a proper and respectful way] and that'swhy i look up to you so much. you're my role model..my hero.

i know what you guys talk about and for sure i can tell
you this:i really know how you guys feel. i live in the border between mexico
and the u.s. i am a mexican but go to school over here. i had been
in a private school since i was like in 1st grade and finally graduated
from the 8th grade last month. just this week i started going to summer
school in the public school to get used to it and know it better since im
starting out this year there. let me tell you this: there will ALWAYS
be people who want to make you feel bad and you know why? one word:
jelousy. people descriminate us for whatever reason just because we
are from another country or our skin color or physical features but not only this, also because we are better at sports or math or art.
let me give everybody an advice:there will always be about 10 people
around you. from those 10, 7 will be mean harrasers who will do practically
anything to make you feel miserable.but 3 will be the good guys, your true friends who will hang out with you because of what you hold inside yourself and will not bother to look at you defects because they'll be too busy looking
at the good side. hang out with those 3 people.ignore the rest.
the more you pay attention to "the bad guys"..they'll notice you care and
keep on bothering. even if you're burning deep inside with anger
and hate or anything like that..just take a really deep breath and
go on. dont let other people make you something you dont want to be.
if everyone is wearing white and you wanna wear electric blue..just do.
originality is what makes the world so much fun. be glad to live and
leap with joy everytime you can. believe me..you'll be so much happier =)

geezy33

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2008, 01:25:47 pm »

Last month I was attacked by a Nazi sim creator named Mystic Blue

it made  both me and my sister upset.

please read this note I'm gonna share wit u all

Sims was never meant to be a just a game played by just one particular race or gender... why are there a variety of skintones made for the game in the first place? Doesn't that mean it's been made for ANYONE to play, male, female, African, European, Asian, Hispanic, Native American, Indian, Pacific Islander... the list goes on. Despite what people think the usual stereotype of people playing this game is, all races, all cultures, all styles... ALL of them... are free to be in anyone's game per choice.

For someone to mock another person for what they have in a game file that's NOT on their own computer is a show of distasteful ignorance, something a lot of people now-days will not tolerate from anyone. People have a right to what they want to do with their own game, not what other people want them to do with it. Live with that fact. You don't want people criticizing you for what you have in your game, so why do it to other people? Think about it, and let it settle in.

I encourage any creator who creates stuff , please block Mystic Blue from your messages or insimenator page or insimadult page

be safe in the sim community and keep up with your sim work and don't let haters bring u down.

I'll never let hate bring me down, I'll be strong to the end

My Quote---- haters makes me Famous

love u people
« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 01:28:49 pm by geezy33 » Logged

Sorry no requests,I'm a townie maker and Maxis killer on maxis sims.
Welcome to Geezysims2:lurk:
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2008, 03:31:42 pm »

Good letter.

haters makes me Famous Free advertising. Can't beat that.

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: