Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 06:17:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Gunmod's Radiance Light System 2.4  (Read 40919 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Ravynlee

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2008, 10:29:46 am »

I adored the earlier versions, have been using them for years, and I simply adore this one as well. Downloaded lastnight and so far so good. Love the way it makes the nights seem naturally darker instead of that same dull blue haze of Maxis night. Makes it more realistic. The transitions of dusk and dawn with a red tinge to the environment is incredible. Again adds that degree of realism I think the original game sorely missed.
I did have issues with the fish and ripples but I think I left shaders false. I could live without fish. I can't live without this lighting system now. Wouldn't play the game without it. Brilliant! You, Gunmod, and those that worked so hard to bring this to us deserve a hearty and heartfelt thank you. Enriched my game play experience. Thanks ever so much!

@ JacobM;
You need to extract the files and replace each of the files in the download to each of the corresponding files in your Sims2/EA/Tdata/Res/lights folders. So in the download it has one lights folder for each EP, stuff pack, plus base game. You open the folders in your C/progfiles/ea/ts2/tsdata/res/lights folder and replace the downloaded files into each of their respective folders.
BACKUP the originals first as always. ( I think I got that right, took me a few times to get it myself, sorry dDefinder for bugging you earlier - you're very patient Wink)

And if you're at all confused READ READ READ the Readme files with the mod! That's what they're there for Wink

@ Demeterloves2;
I can understand your trepidation, seems big, but I have been using versions of this same mod for literally years and has become so part of my game that I can't imagine now playing the game without it. Doesn't seem like much in the grand scheme of things to tweak the lights in the game any but trust me, the subtle changes (and the awesome effects in twilight) more than make it a must-have mod. It's a must-have for me. I love it. Just find it hard keeping up to the updated versions sometimes, Maxis seems to eager to push out EP after EP these days!
Besides if you don't like it (which I doubt many would) providing you have backed up your original lights folders you can just delete the mod ones and replace them with the Maxis default ones.
See what you think Wink
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 10:36:32 am by Ravynlee » Logged
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2008, 11:53:36 am »

I am trying this now. This will work with smart lights, cause I was confused with understanding everything I read. Here's to hoping... *fingers crossed*

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
m618915

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2008, 12:55:40 am »

I downloaded this mod (5-7 times) and when I try to unzip it I get message that some of the files are password protected? I also tried to use winrar but it also gives error message.

EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2008, 01:11:00 am »

That hasn't happened to me.

I got the file unzipped after one try.

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
m618915

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2008, 02:36:15 pm »

I tried again later and I was able to unzip it. (I just needed to change my computers security setting)

Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2008, 06:01:24 pm »

For those wondering how it is in game:

Don't be shocked at the sudden darkness when the sun sets... it's quite natural, especially since night hardly ever has a ultra bluish tint that EA gave it when it's supposed to be completely dark outside.  You may need a streetlamp or two to brighten up the outside... and maybe an extra lamp or two on the inside of the house in certain rooms.  :lol:

Other than that, the shading is awesome.  The smart lights hack works perfectly on my end... It should work just fine, since all it does is change the time settings on the light objects themselves.  :angel:  

Now all I want to do is see if this will work with chriss997's weather atmosphere object like the older versions did.  If not, I can live without it, since it seems that it's now unsupported... but it definitely gave the sky the affect of the sun rising and setting, unlike what the default sky does.  :lol:

Great work once again.  I tip my hat off to you!  :smile bi:

dDefinder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2008, 07:04:41 am »

Update to 1.1a

thanks everyone,
You do not need 2.1 or 2.2 to install this. You can just install 2.3 over 2.2 and 2.1 of you are using them. It works with smarter lights and weather atmosphere object but make sure that your draw distance and fade are max so it doesn't clip with the sky when using atmosphere object.

Anybody have any problems/bugs or suggestions feel free to leave a post.

Edit: Update to 1.1b
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 04:09:33 am by dDefinder » Logged

No matter what variables there are, it all adds up to total and all-encompassing tedium.
1 + 1 = 2
2 + 5 = 2
47 x 1204 = 2
Amun-RA
Creator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2008, 01:36:53 am »

Great Work. The maxis light unbearable.

Quote of the Year
'virtual orgasmic rape' - Kevin McCullough
Nukleve

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2008, 04:39:12 pm »

beautiful... cant wait to use this  in my game...-sighs-
Sunseal

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2008, 06:39:07 am »

Guys, this is an amazing mod. I was a bit dubious at first as there was a lot of prep work and I'm not too fond of fiddling in the TS bin, but I thought I'd dive in and see what happened.
Well! What a fantastic mod! Nothing went wrong, if you follow the instructions, you'l have successful, real lighting. I'm very pleased!
Carida

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2008, 01:00:58 pm »

Ok. The only thing that confuses me is the RLS shaders. They look very cool. Can I install those with Seasons or no?

Thanks!
Carida

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2008, 02:36:31 pm »

Never mind. I figured it out and everything works fantastically! Thank you very much for this mod. Wink

-C
Oidirtypunk77

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2008, 04:15:05 am »

Ok, i finally installed this, and i like this. The lighting is way more natural than before. Also, certain lights arnt as harsh as before. Thank you, my game looks much better!

"Our redneck skrermishes were cheap conversions of conventional warfare"[/COLOR]
Rosebud1773

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2008, 04:54:54 pm »

I might have to give this a try, but I'm concerned about all the talk of bumpmap issue. I love my bumped textures on clothing, can't live without it actually. If I need to turn that off, I think I'll have to pass on this particular mod...*sigh*..I really hate maxis' idea of lighting.

The sims are like ants and I'm the mean little kid with the magnifying glass...muahahaha!
lordtyger
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 29, 2020, 02:06:47 am »

I have posted a list of Step by Step Install instructions for those Using a Mac and The Sims 2: Super Collection, http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,115575.0.html

Curiosity Killed the Cat, but Satisfaction Brought It Back.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: