Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 05:45:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: Monique's Computer/Laptop Varieties - Apartment Life (12-24-16) - UPDATED  (Read 333833 times)
0 Members and 5 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic.
Corylea
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2008, 03:13:01 pm »

Thanks so much!  I love all of Monique's stuff, and I'm thrilled that you're supporting some of her mods.

Middle-aged professional woman still plays video games.  Film at 11.
Skye
Creator

Sims Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2008, 07:26:32 pm »

When I got permission to use her goodies before she just wanted links and credit noted for her stuff....I think you've covered it pretty well here...good job!
Thanks so much!
hugs,
Skye
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 07:31:06 pm by skye » Logged

I don't have net  so can't do  requests right now. so sorry
moza
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2008, 12:48:13 am »

Thank you!  This is one of my can't play without hacks! Smiley
film1962

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2008, 03:22:39 am »

thank you for the info
CynaraBlade

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2008, 03:23:14 am »

Huzzah! This is one object which is truly indispensable, and I'm happy someone has taken the initiative to pick up where Monique left off. Thank you!

:blob6:
Magicmoon

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2008, 07:05:36 am »

Quote from: Chaavik;1381572
These are new games for FT that aren't available on the video game racks on community lots. The only way to get them to show up on the computer is to either let Mr Humble drop the gift off or get one of the two mods that gives you a choice to accept or reject the gift or buy the computer in Buy Catalog.

I should know. I sent my Sims to the community lots to buy video games. The FT games don't show up as a choice among the older games to choose from to buy.

I was updating one of my Comm lots when I noticed that there is now a 2nd display rack for the video games that looks just like the original in the catalog (with a slightly different description about it being updated). I replaced the old racks on my comm lots with the new one and they sell the new games as well as previous games. Stupid designers made a whole new rack instead of updating the old one.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT, AL
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2008, 09:50:43 am »

Do they sell the Sims 3, Spores, EA Sports (I think) and whatever else is with FT?

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
PrinJess

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2008, 03:32:05 pm »

Quote from: Chaavik;1384022
Do they sell the Sims 3, Spores, EA Sports (I think) and whatever else is with FT?

They have MySims, Spore, plus the defaults, and few others. Only Sims 3 comes with the Humble Computer.
mdalrn

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2008, 01:18:48 pm »

Oh yay!  I've been holding my breath waiting for this! thank you thank you!! Smiley
bratz_615

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2008, 05:19:15 pm »

thanks for the updates! I will check back for possible by reagents via shop online!

edit: I guess I should have post AFTER I installed this but I am not getting any of the new updates. Its still the old computer.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 05:58:50 pm by Squinge » Logged

Birtney Spears "Womanizer" stick figure ANIMATION!:smt106:D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KQTOI2eHRU
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2008, 06:31:02 pm »

The Search For Roommate option is available only IF the computer is placed in a household on an apartment lot. Look at the screenshots in the first post.

The game limited the option to apartments only until someone out there figures out how to make Search For Roommate available on normal home lots.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
bratz_615

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2008, 09:41:08 pm »

Quote from: Chaavik;1387377
The Search For Roommate option is available only IF the computer is placed in a household on an apartment lot. Look at the screenshots in the first post.

The game limited the option to apartments only until someone out there figures out how to make Search For Roommate available on normal home lots.

yep, she was in an apartment.  I know that because she got the want to search for roommate.  Like I said, none of the AL options were available. I installed this but I am not getting any of the new updates. Its still the old computer.  

ETA:  I have none of the Freetime add ons as well.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 09:47:38 pm by bratz_615 » Logged

Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2008, 02:39:54 am »

Okay, I'm going to ask some questions to cover all the bases to make sure we rule out anything that's causing the problem with the computer(s).

1. Which version was downloaded, and which thread did the version come from? The BV/FT thread or the AL thread?

2. If more than 1 version is downloaded, then which versions were they, and where did they come from - BV/FT or AL threads?

3. How were the computers installed in the Downloads folder? Were they lumped together in one folder or were they put in separate folders for each version such as:

\Downloads\MQ_AL_Cheap_Computer
\Downloads\MQ_AL_Expensive_Computer

Let us know soon!

Dancing Squirrels
bratz_615

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2008, 03:17:43 am »

Quote from: Chaavik;1387794
Okay, I'm going to ask some questions to cover all the bases to make sure we rule out anything that's causing the problem with the computer(s).

1. Which version was downloaded, and which thread did the version come from? The BV/FT thread or the AL thread?

2. If more than 1 version is downloaded, then which versions were they, and where did they come from - BV/FT or AL threads?

3. How were the computers installed in the Downloads folder? Were they lumped together in one folder or were they put in separate folders for each version such as:

\Downloads\MQ_AL_Cheap_Computer
\Downloads\MQ_AL_Expensive_Computer

Let us know soon!

Good news.  It works just fine. In my downloads folder, I have sub folders.  So, I was installing the new al updated computers in my hack sub folder thinking they would override the old computer files because thats where I though I installed them last time.  

Well the new versions overrode some files but the remaining old files were in another folder, my objects sub folder  (I didnt check there until now). I must have put the old computers into the separate folders (instead of in the same folder) and thats why all the files didnt get overwritten.   So thats where the conflict was, THEREFORE, thats where I went wrong!

Thanks mate!!!:-P
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 03:22:27 am by bratz_615 » Logged

odettesmom

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2008, 08:36:10 am »

Many thanks!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: