Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 05:22:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
  Print  
Author Topic: Monique's Computer/Laptop Varieties - Apartment Life (12-24-16) - UPDATED  (Read 333826 times)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: April 07, 2010, 09:05:58 pm »

In the process of trying to eliminate as much conflict  as possible, I decided to try experimenting with one folder using the computers (models like laptop, Easy, Expensive, Sunair, etc) and a complete set of files that all of the computers can use. Originally, I stated that if you wanted all of the models, you would need to create 4 separate folders and install them into their own folders to prevent conflicts. If the little experiment looks great, then I will package a complete set of all the models and files for upload. This will make it easier to reduce the conflicts and make the game run a bit more smoothly with fewer files.

I haven't tested the other models beside Cheap and thought this might work well in the end.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
chrystali

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 21, 2011, 02:27:19 pm »

Apparently more expensive bills conflict with Monique's older computers, will the new AL versions work with Bigger Bills mods ?
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 16, 2011, 12:03:12 pm »

You will need to give us more details because I don't know whose mod that is. If you have AL installed, then you should try using the AL version.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
salamanderer

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 09, 2011, 04:14:09 pm »

Wonderful! A wish come true! Smiley

Are monique's original files necessary for these to work, or do we remove them and use these instead?
wotohipi

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 09, 2012, 09:12:01 pm »

First off, thank you Chaavik for updating this to AL and sharing it. I don't know if you are still active and maintaining this, but if you are, I have a question.

When I found this, I was beyond excited. It's such a great idea, specially the bank-online services. However, I can't seem to get it to work. It does allow me to loan/deposit, but if I close the family, when I return, their account balance is set to 0, so whatever money is deposited is lost, and loans are gone. Kind of defeats the purpose of it all, so it's bumming me out quite a bit.

Any idea why that happens? Do I need to download some of Moniques original files? Is it meant to be that way?
twerplina
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 09, 2014, 11:30:49 am »

Funny, I came to this thread (and read all the posts) because that's exactly what happened to me. I've used this mod (Monique's original and Chaavik's updated one) for awhile but never explored the banking aspect. I started to the other day and found the same thing, the accounts disappear.

Does anyone have an idea as to why or how to fix it?
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 28, 2014, 06:13:03 pm »

Have you used HCDU (from Simwardrobe's site) to check for conflicts?

Dancing Squirrels
LilSister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: March 30, 2014, 09:23:43 am »

Definitely sounds like a conflict - I've been using it for 3 years in a heavily modded game with no problems (I have all expansions & stuff packs).
Sandilou

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 16, 2014, 12:25:44 pm »

Hi Chaavik, the banking system removes all banking data when the pc mod is moved out of the game. Rightly so, however, the monies stored in the accounts also disappear.  Is it possible to have the money moved automatically into the household funds if the mod is removed?  The reason I ask is that when checking mod conflicts/glitches etc, I sometimes move  the whole download folder out to check the game in vanilla format.  I did this the other day and lost all the savings in the game (whoops!). Please know that I am only asking you to consider a fix if it is quick and easy. Thank you!
twerplina
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 28, 2014, 08:02:48 am »

Belated thanks for your replies and my apologies for not checking back sooner. I did run HCDU before posting and it didn't find anything. I decided to have each computer loaded separately (even though I believe you said it wasn't necessary) and it seems to be running fine now. Perhaps there was a conflict previously, I'm not sure, as I've changed a lot of things in my game since.

I do love all the options the computers provide. It's a great add-on for the game. Thanks for updating it to AL and continuing to look after it.

Also, I second Sandilou's request, if it's easily done.
LilSister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: June 05, 2014, 03:39:01 pm »

If you remove the mod from the game it's "supposed" to remove all the banking data. Since you are manually removing the mod yourself, I suggest that you withdraw the Sims money and add it back to the household account "before" removing the mod from your downloads folder.
twerplina
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 12, 2014, 05:00:14 pm »

If you remove the mod from the game it's "supposed" to remove all the banking data. Since you are manually removing the mod yourself, I suggest that you withdraw the Sims money and add it back to the household account "before" removing the mod from your downloads folder.

Yes the mod is working as intended. But when you have several hundred households or just lots and lots of sims each with a bank account, it can be quite time intensive to manually move the monies from the bank accounts to the household accounts.

I think it would be a great feature to have an 'uninstall' option that would do the move all at once. It wouldn't help in Sandilou's case, but it would be a nice add-on in case you decide to no longer use the computers.
BoilingOil

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 02, 2016, 06:19:12 am »

In case anyone ever sends a sim to "Work at home.../Stories" on the Sunair Light Computer, and then gets an error, I've just discovered the reason:

In BHAV "Interaction - Stories" (Instance 0x00001073 - NOT 0x00001075, which has the same name), at Node 0x53 (83) the code is horribly broken.
It currently reads:
- [prim 0x0015] ~Show String ( UNUSED ) (-), True:10, False: 0
Whereas it SHOULD read:
- [global 0x04CE] Badge - Get In Temp 0 - Badge Gain Speed ( Const 0x1000:0x00, Temp 0x0000), True:54, False:FFFC

This results in an error when anysim is sent to do "Work at home.../Stories" at this computer.

I was able to fix it by copying the information from the equivalent BHAV in one of the other computers.
After fixing it, I've re-DLed the version that is currently available in the top post of this thread (because I had the originals by Monique), and confirmed that the error is still present.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 08:25:45 am by BoilingOil » Logged
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 24, 2016, 11:58:06 am »

Fixed the little issue brought up by BoilingOil and uploaded the updated Sunair Light Computer.

Thank you for bringing this up. I didn't notice the problem because I haven't used that particular computer in a long time.

If you find anything else wrong with these computers, let me know.

* AL_MQ_SunairLight_ComputerUpdated.7z (190.13 KB - downloaded 1607 times.)

Dancing Squirrels
BoilingOil

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 30, 2018, 08:24:49 am »

I'm still very much enjoying this mod, and therefor want to thank both Monique and Chaavik for their work on it.

In the process of trying to eliminate as much conflict  as possible, I decided to try experimenting with one folder using the computers (models like laptop, Easy, Expensive, Sunair, etc) and a complete set of files that all of the computers can use. Originally, I stated that if you wanted all of the models, you would need to create 4 separate folders and install them into their own folders to prevent conflicts.

I know this response comes a tad late, but I just wanted to mention how I've always felt that with a little care, these computers could all work from a single folder. For files with the same name, it was a bit of a hassle to figure out which one to use, but I could get it to work.

The work that you did to streamline it, makes things a lot easier, though. Great job, thanks again.

Currently, I'm working to make it so that interest calculations are only made on livable lots, and only for sims that are actually members of the currently active family. Because for those who play without the Community Time Project mod, your sims gaining interest on their deposits while not at their own home lot... that's just nasty, and can lead to extreme results. And the same goes, of course, for sims from other households visiting your current family, or appearing at the comm lot you're visiting...
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 03:56:43 pm by BoilingOil » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
  Print  

Jump to: