Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 05:22:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Suddenly Simmerised - The Simons Legacy - UPDATED: Chapter SEVEN!  (Read 43927 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
discowhipped

View Profile
« on: October 01, 2008, 09:38:47 pm »

This is my first sim story that I've shared, so be nice! Cheesy I'm nervous...
I started with something simple; a legacy. The idea is mostly stolen (with permission) from Dese's contest 'Sims World', for those of you who are unfamiliar, it's when a real person gets stuck in the sims world, and this is what happens to Kit Simons, the founder, a slightly neurotic, vain, materialistic, oceanophobic, slightly insecure, overly dramatic female.

The legacy rules might be bent slightly later on, because I really can't stand Maxis furniture for too long!

Ok so here goes...

Chapters
Chapter One - down below
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five: Part I, Part II
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter One: Salt Water Does Not Agree With Me

Something wasn't right. This didn't feel like my pillow, my bed, and where were the blankets? In fact now that I thought about it, with my eyes still tightly shut, I wasn't even inside. Was I sleep walking again? No, I could hear the ocean. That was weird, I lived no where near the ocean, because I had an extreme dislike of it (well, that's how I describe my fear)

I opened my eyes to slits, getting a very blurry view of the scenery, a very, very wrong scenery. Where the heck was I? But something nagged at me - it felt like I'd been here before.

So, I opened my eyes further, to get a good look at it, and was smacked in the face with that gag-worthy briny ocean scent. I was definitely by the sea. Crap. The familiar feeling didn't go away, and the nagging increased. There was something- some essential fact sitting just below the surface of my conscious mind - some missing key to my situation, but I couldn't figure out what.

Panic growing, I surveyed the empty land. Everything looked strangely cartoonised, surreal, yet so friggin' familiar... And that's when it it hit me...

"I- I'm stuck in The Sims??!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" It was the only explanation. I knew this place only too well, because I had played on it before! Why me?!

"This is so wrong..." My sim-self was disappointing. I wasn't even skinny, and I still had the same straggly, boring hair, which was now frizzy from the breeze. Great. And what was I wearing? Something from the Martha Stewart shopping channel? (Is there one of those?) Yes, this was definitely wrong.

Before I had a chance to even consider shopping, I was accosted by some overly friendly 'neighbours', if that's what you can call sims living in close proximity. They asked my name, and at least that was correct, Kit Simons. Then one sim-man with a really red face decided to play a little prank on me.

Suffice to say, I didn't find it very funny. Even though it was warm, I did not appreciate being soaked. Obviously courtesy means nothing to these people (or should I say pixels?)

The female came to introduce herself as Natalia. She was pretty and skinny. I disliked her immediately. There was another guy called Benjiman, who had a massive nose. None of them particularly inspired any hope in me about their intelligence.

I was apalled to discover I only had a pitiful 4,500 simoleans in my possession in order to build a shelter, and of course, get a new wardrobe. In the end I could only afford one outfit, for goodness' sake! It was like living in poverty...

I had to improvise on the whole shelter thing too... After purchasing the all-essential wardrobe, mirror and a bathroom, there wasn't much left for anything else.

After all my hard work, I decided I needed comfort food, in the form of delicious, sugary doughnuts. They are very theraputic for a stressed woman like me. It's not everyday that you discover you're trapped in a pixel world.

Once I changed into my new clothes I felt a bit better, more like myself. I didn't know what to do with my hair, so I left it for now.

And, reluctantly, I decided to look for a job, in the newspaper which was so handy for my sims. Besides, being dirt poor wasn't fun. What happened to motherlode? Turns out I can't cheat! What fun is that?! I have to become a millionaire the old fashioned way...

After a long and difficult day, I retired to my cheap and uncomfortable bed, and fell asleep as soon as my head touched the pillow, barely having time to wonder how to make friends with pixels, and *sob* if I was ever going to get out of here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credits
Title Picture
Photo Editing Tools: Photoshop 7.0 and Photoscape v.3.2 - it's free and what I use the majority of the time for quick and easy frames and lighting.
Text: dafont.com - can't remember who made the fonts.

Legacy
Kit's skin is an Ephemera skin..?
Don't know where her eyes are from.
Default Skins modified for Sexy Feet by jwilson5 foundhere
Default eyes by yumedust, made into defaults by spikesminx both @ MTS2

Other
'Sims World' Contest by Dese
Numerous other custom content creators that I can't remember... sorry!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 01:43:07 am by discowhipped » Logged

"It's not everyday that you discover you're trapped in a pixel world."
Suddenly Simmerised - Read it!
Previously known as: Squirt
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 09:55:35 pm »

LOL - I love it!  Interesting start for a legacy.  I like the fact that she had to spend some of her simoleans on clothes - materialistic!  Is that your real self sim?  She's very pretty.  Very cute so far - looking forward to more.

Visit me on my blog - Astral Faery's Magical Tales
-For some awesome reading try SimTales:  http://simtalesblog.blogspot.com/
-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
GravyTrain10

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 10:13:27 pm »

LOL!

I lovee her personality...

i may want to do one like this too, but id get burnt out so quickly. I can never seem to complete my legacys(sp?)

"Its time for..."
discowhipped

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 11:06:05 pm »

Comments! *jumps excitedly* I'm so happy you like it.
Astral - Thanks! Not my self sim, I look nothing like her! Wish I did though :lol: I would give anything to have straight hair... *sigh*

luckynmbrsleven - Thank you! I'm hoping I can maintain inerest, since I have a tendency to be bored very quickly! By the way it's spelt legacies. Sorry (spell-freak)

Tongue
Thanks again, guys. I am going to my Dad's house for two days and he has no internet -dies- so might be a while before I get the second chapter up... we'll see.

Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 09:28:52 am »

Hehe, I'll be following this one Cheesy Great start, will be interesting to see how it goes.

Oh, and thanks for giving me a chuckle - I really needed it today >_<

No requests please
Zorom

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008, 02:38:59 pm »

Smiley

I love it. You got on my favourite list. Congrats.
Good writing, beautiful images... *claps* and it's funny!
btw:  Kit Simmons is so pretty! That must mean you are too lol.
Update soon!

Zorom

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008, 02:39:16 pm »

Smiley

I love it. You got on my favourite list. Congrats.
Good writing, beautiful images... *claps* and it's funny!
btw:  Kit Simmons is so pretty! That must mean you are too lol.
Update soon!

steelguy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2008, 03:47:45 pm »

Trapped in the Sims. Scary. Cheesy
This could be fun to read.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2008, 05:28:30 pm »

hehe... I like the start Smiley

looking forward to read more Smiley

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
sabriena

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2008, 05:56:50 pm »

I love it! Can't wait to see more of it Wink
Devomuffins

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2008, 07:16:24 pm »

love it! Now update!
TwistedPrincess

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2008, 10:16:07 pm »

Haha. I love it Caitlin. Keep it up.
vinhou

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2008, 04:04:19 am »

How interesting! Being trapped in the sims... *shudders* Keep up the good work! Smiley

Life isn't bliss.
Life is just this.
It's living.
Starwish001

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2008, 04:45:39 am »

Interesting:) Maybe it will happen to me since I can separate from my Sims lol
Guess there is more of us:)

discowhipped

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2008, 08:25:41 pm »

Woah, I'm overwhelmed! Thank you Sadie79, Zorom, steelguy, theraven, sabriena, egghugger, Kate, vinhou and Starwish! Tongue I'm so glad you guys took the time to read it and make comments. And you seem to think it's funny?! :lol: There might be an update later on today, now I'm back. Cheesy

Thank you again!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to: